Ballet

Ballet

A Story by Edie
"

This is a short story from compostion .

"

The screaming ballet dancer trimmed the bush near the dancer to create a diversion. She was trying to save her friend from embarrassing herself. Her friend Annabel never got her counts right at the beginning of the modern Nut Cracker they were doing.  She was playing the plays version of Barbie so perfect in every way on stage but if only you knew.  People so often look in on others’ lives and think gee they have it good we as a race are so quick to judge.  I was screaming because I didn’t understand why after everything I and had been through and seen her go through she wouldn’t listen. I had no way to just fix what was wrong with her and this bothered me as I beat this fake plastic bush like a wild baboon I broke down .  Maybe there was no way I could fix her I knew it wasn’t my job she had a problem that I didn’t because I couldn’t help her.  As I came to this resolution I remembered something I’d heard my mom say when I was a child “If you want to help a person pray for them that’s how you got to know them personally.”

© 2012 Edie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 7, 2012

Author

Edie
Edie

Dittmer , MO



Writing
Truth Truth

A Poem by Edie