I Don't Want to Become an Adult

I Don't Want to Become an Adult

A Story by lady pilot

   One day I stated I shall go to the place only I and the animals know. This place is tucked in between drizzly dreams and rock reality. And there I paint. I paint of knights and trees and clocks ticking away. One time I painted a friend, she is not real though and I tell her so. Unfortunately my friend did not like being part of the drizzly dreams.

   “Please creator, make me real!” She did ask. I nodded and fashioned a body for her out of clay from the creek. She was pleased until she dried out and could not move.

   “Please creator, make me walk and run and dance!” she asked. I nodded and fashioned a wood body for her. She was pleased until she tried to eat and drink.

   “Please creator, I wish to be as weak and as strong as humans!” she requested. I nodded and made a stone skeleton and fashioned all of her flesh from rubber. She was pleased, and so was I. but I grew tired and told her I had to go leave to sleep.

   “Please creator, can I come with you?” she asked.

“No friend, you cannot follow me into the real world. You are but a dream.” I answered. I left her there and left. When I was in the real world I found myself aging. The place where I had once played faded and so did my drizzly friend. I married and had kids. My kid showed me how to visit that place again so I did. What I found was a burnt forest. When I looked for the place where me and my friend used to play I found it, I also found my friend. She lay on the ground withered and dry. She had died, at the hand of my adulthood.

© 2013 lady pilot


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very creative! I like how she found the place, with her child's help, but then her friend had died, that was sad. I hope my imagination stays, forever and ever. Over all, a great read! Really love this story, great job!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


lady pilot

10 Years Ago

im glad you liked it, and although i haven't LOST my imagination, i sometimes find it hard to play b.. read more
Gemma :)

10 Years Ago

Haha, that's normal :)
The story was very good. I like way you led the reader into the mind of a child. Took the reader on good adventures. I like the description of growing up and leaving childhood memories behind. It was a sad ending. When we realize we lost the gift of imagination and dream with old age. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


lady pilot

10 Years Ago

thank you for all the nice reviews! i love them!
This is the great story i ever read...
I really can relate.....!

Posted 11 Years Ago


lady pilot

11 Years Ago

I am so glad you liked it!!
This is an amazing and well told story Emily.. Well penned..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


lady pilot

11 Years Ago

thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 29, 2013
Last Updated on June 12, 2013

Author

lady pilot
lady pilot

Taylorsville, KY



About
My name is Emily, hello there. Ive got some demons, Ive got some addictions. Ive got some words, so stick around. more..

Writing