Serpents

Serpents

A Story by K.Hope

You quicken your pace as out of the corner of your eye you see a shadowy figure appear behind you, again. He’s there every night, walking behind you as you go back from work. As if you need even more stress. Because working a desk job isn't enough for God or whoever rules this cruel world. You pass the usually crowded streets, damp with the rain that was there in the early morning. As you look back at the mysterious figure that has haunted you for a month now, you accidentally step into a murky puddle. Cursing, you stop for a second and look at the damage. Thankfully, not much has happened, or so you think. As you are examining your soggy footwear, the brief pause has let the black silhouette that left your mind for the time-being catch up with you.  Suddenly, he snatches you from being and drags you into a conveniently gloomy alleyway. You scream your head off but the business man who is walking less than a meter away from where you are being assaulted seems to not react at all to your pleas for help as he thinks to himself about numbers or whatever it is that business men think of. “There’s no use, my darling,” a raspy, reptilian voice whispers into your ear. You squirm around to try to sneak a glimpse at your attacker but only get a view at the looming building and the cloudy September sky. “You better stop what you’re doing now, honey, because no one will hear you as long as you’re in my arms. You see, I’m going to take your soul away, sweetie. So stop before I do it now,” he murmurs again, the last sentence more of a threat than anything else. You stop and as soon as you do the world goes dark and you lose consciousness. Your eyes open to a horrid scene. The once clean walls are now as grey as the sky outside, there’s blood spattered everywhere and there is a stench of death that no one ever wants to smell. In some places you can even see a limb or some other body part. “H-hello?” you say in an unsure, quivering voice. You can feel the damp air on your skin and you realize that you have been stripped to your skin. Shivering slightly, you try to use logic to assess your situation. You are locked in a cement room with no obvious way out, you are stark naked. Not only that, the cement room is also very gory. Tears slowly slither down your face like miniature snakes. Then suddenly, as if to accompany your serpent-like tears, out of previously invisible openings in the wall slink in and approach the place you are sitting. “What do you think of our family, pumpkin?” asks the same voice that kidnapped you earlier.  The snakes are closer, hardly a meter away. “Maybe you will join? I won’t take no for an answer,” he continues. One of the serpents is sliding onto your leg as goose bumps spread along your body. Then it happens. At first it isn't that bad; they are just nibbling and nipping at your skin as if to tease you. Later though, it’s hell. You scream in agony and pure pain as the snakes slowly bite at you, spreading their poison. You writhe around, pride and honor long gone, as you try to get them off. No matter how many you swat off, there are 5 more to replace it. “Get them off! Stop it! What did I do to you?” you shriek at the invisible presence you feel in the room. There’s no answer as you are slowly, but surely, ripped to shreds. You continue to protest and squirm until one of the snakes has a moment of mercy and bites at your throat, killing you almost instantly. Your soul rips free of the material world and start floating to the sky but then is unexpectedly caught in a net especially prepared for catching souls similar to it. Then a certain shadowy figure shapes it into a boa constrictor before he leaves out to the street, looking for another victim. 

© 2012 K.Hope


Author's Note

K.Hope
Feel free to comment, criticize, and correct. Also, I know that it's only one gigantic blob of text but when I tried dividing it into paragraphs it looked funky.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on December 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2012
Tags: serpetn, death

Author

K.Hope
K.Hope

Warszawa, Poland



About
I am a 13 year old girl that loves to read and write. I also enjoy drawing portraits, watching anime, and I am very interested in Japan. more..

Writing
Game of Life Game of Life

A Poem by K.Hope


Alone Alone

A Poem by K.Hope


Humiliation Humiliation

A Poem by K.Hope