TWO LIVES

TWO LIVES

A Story by Marianne

A mysterious thing happened on the way to life, a journey across shards of broken glass edged in the hues of blue, yellow and purple stains, bleeding underfoot.

Excruciating pain immersed in spasms of crimson colored sin, washed pure in the well of tears, heavy with grief, carried on a chain bound to the moon splintering the maze of darkness into sighs and moans of regret and repentance,
black ink dripping relentlessly on pale white rice paper folded into the shape of a dove. The pages turned in the hazy breeze of time eternal, then suddenly stopped in front of a great, golden light glowing in the centre of my soul,
where it whispered my name wrapped in the silence of sound, beating with the speed of butterfly wings soaring high above the valley of dry bones, aquamarine skies caressing my spirit with a love unknown to mankind.

I knelt beside a river bubbling with joy, drank deeply from the well of compassion, kindness and grace mirrored in my heart, the image of love restoring my life, cloaking it in radiant garments of laughter and joy.

He carried me to the ends of the earth with songs of victory and hope, celebrating a new beginning in Paradise, my new home.

© 2012 Marianne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely LOVE this opening: "A mysterious thing happened on the way to life . . . " -- very imaginative & thought-provoking. I also very much love your stream of consciousness descriptions that are rich with unexpected combinations . . . however, I barely understand what this is about becuz I'm not good with nuances & metaphor. This feels like a piece of fabric where there are words instead of designs, all colorful & scattered around & some blending together, just pretty to look at, even if I'm not getting hit on the head with some deeper meanings! *smile* (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


Your use of language in this piece is lovely; you really capture the internal journey from pain to joy, and I love most of all how it ends with hope... There should always be hope :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 3, 2012
Last Updated on December 3, 2012
Tags: loss, sorrow, light, joy

Author

Marianne
Marianne

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I live in the Land of Oz...love the Ocean and the sunshine. A reader and a novice writer...love the Cafe, but life gets in the way to spend much time here. When I do visit, I'm in awe of the Poetr.. more..

Writing
On Fire On Fire

A Poem by Marianne