Pleading

Pleading

A Poem by Marianne

Gather words to me

Strength against the storms

Bending my clouded mind

Erasing precious memories

 

Words of comfort

Enfolding my fragile frame

Tortured by defiant pain

Wrestling with imminent death

 

Words of love

Binding my fractured heart

With rope from strands of steel

Anchored securely in your mind

 

Words of hope

Tattooed on wings of healing

Settling inside the sun’s centre

Burning new life into my soul

© 2011 Marianne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love it, the imagery is dark and delicious with a sensual flow of emerald words emotions spoken through the melody of your words with a harmonious undertone of emotional transformation such simple things changed and twisted by your words to create something more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Love the arc of emotion here, you always write from the deepest place.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
it's been a while! - I missed so much on my break - this is such a great write - love "bending my clouded mind" - such a strong write - imagery dark indeed - but that little taste of hope - the words - the tattoo on wings of healing (nice!) - and perfect closing line! bravo! nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love it, the imagery is dark and delicious with a sensual flow of emerald words emotions spoken through the melody of your words with a harmonious undertone of emotional transformation such simple things changed and twisted by your words to create something more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful and healing...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a beautful prayer confessed in the darkness... calling for those words that lift and nourish the soul. Powerfully written, stirring the soul to smile.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful hope, fluent phrases, dear Marianne. Seems you're on a floating cloud wrapped in sweet calm and smiles. You'll be writing happy happies in no time, 'Burning new life into my soul' and, I'll be so thrilled for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought this was a very hopeful piece...."Burning new life into my soul" a good, tight write that flowed well...nicely done...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2011
Last Updated on April 6, 2011

Author

Marianne
Marianne

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I live in the Land of Oz...love the Ocean and the sunshine. A reader and a novice writer...love the Cafe, but life gets in the way to spend much time here. When I do visit, I'm in awe of the Poetr.. more..

Writing
On Fire On Fire

A Poem by Marianne



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT


Sub Rosa Sub Rosa

A Poem by Robin