Chapter One: Home Alone

Chapter One: Home Alone

A Chapter by Stacy Purvis
"

Morgan was afraid to love again. David didn’t know how. Would life and time change the two or would they lose the chance and pass like two lost ships at sea…never finding each other or True Love?

"

It was a typical Tuesday morning. The rain was beating hard on the windows and echoed through the empty house much like the sound that popping corn makes over the heat of a stove. It reminded him of his younger days when his mother would pop popcorn the old fashioned way…none of this microwave bullshit which is actually bad for your health.

David sat in his easy chair and stared at the television. He wasn’t really watching the infomercials. He just needed the noise and the company that their incessant droning provided.

“I love the rain,” he said out loud. “There’s something spiritually cleansing about it.”

But no one was there to hear or answer him.

He leaned back into the easy chair, readying himself for slumber, as he rarely slept in his own bed. To sleep in his bed would just remind him of the very obvious fact that he was indeed…alone. His 6 foot tall frame fit neatly in the chair and as he tilted it back, he let out a sigh.

When you’re asleep, you don’t have to care, you become unaware; that is, you’re unaware if you can get there, he thought to himself.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. At first, David thought he was imagining it but it rang again, and then there was a knock following.

“Strange,” he said out loud. “I’m not expecting anyone.”

As he approached the door, he could see the shadowy outline of a petite woman. Then he caught the slight hint of beautiful fiery red hair.

“Angel,” he said as he opened the door. “It’s a little early for you, isn’t it?” He grinned.

“Would you believe I was in the neighborhood? Need to borrow some…sugar?” She devilishly grinned back as she helped herself inside.

He barely began to turn around and walk back into the living room when he felt her hands grasp the ties on his robe.

“No rest for the wicked, I assume.” He proclaimed.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” She replied.

Angel was always up for a challenge, and more often than not, she got her way, until today.

“I know what you’re up to,” said David, as he looked Angel directly in the eyes.

“You know how I feel about you, David. This isn’t our first rodeo, and I’m sure it won’t be our last. Why don’t you come in here and let’s do what we do best.” Angel replied as she walked toward the bedroom, coyly.

“It’s not going to work, Angel. You’ll never get me in a compromising position ever again. In fact, I think it’s better if you leave.”

David pointed to the door.

Disgust and disbelief formed on Angel’s face as she briskly walked past David to the door. She turned to reply angrily, but he interrupted her with a resounding, “No”, and pointed to the door once again. Angel slammed the door as she left.

David shook his head and returned to his easy chair. There were probably a dozen girls he could call or text at any moment for a good ole “roll in the hay”, but David had his mind set on finding out what this thing called love actually is…and one thing’s for certain, he decided -it doesn’t involve quickies and one night stands.



© 2017 Stacy Purvis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just LOVE how they're about to do IT, but at the end time DON'T. XD

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Added on March 13, 2017
Last Updated on March 13, 2017
Tags: love, romance, life, motorcycle, sex, xosassystaceox, writer, writing


Author

Stacy Purvis
Stacy Purvis

Columbus, OH



About
Altruistic Enigmatic Polymath | Writer, Poet, Actress, Musician, EMT. I'm an Artist. I paint pictures of the verbal kind. ☯ 333 more..

Writing