ChapterTwo: Sunrise

ChapterTwo: Sunrise

A Chapter by Stacy Purvis
"

Morgan was afraid to love again. David didn’t know how. Would life and time change the two or would they lose the chance and pass like two lost ships at sea…never finding each other or True Love?

"

David grabbed his car keys and took a long drive down the coast. It was still dark and the I-5 was actually moving at this time of the morning. He had no particular destination in mind, he just needed to clear his head. He rolled the windows down and breathed in deeply. The cool California air felt good in his lungs and amazing as it blew through his hair.

“I’ll never leave this place. It’s so goddamn incredible!” He yelled out loud.

He drove for at least an hour and forty-five minutes before deciding to turn off and head toward a beach. He stopped for a cup of coffee first, and that’s when fate made other plans.

As he pulled into the plaza, he barely noticed the awkward girl on the tiny motorcycle coming at him. He was distracted by a family selling velvet paintings, fruits and vegetables in the parking lot. At the last second, he slammed on his brakes as the gauche girl slammed into a parking block while attempting to avoid him, tipped her bike and began screaming profanities.

David got out and ran over to assist her, but as he grabbed for her arm, she pushed him away abruptly and called him an “a*****e”. She ranted for ten minutes about how independent she was and how people in large SUVs were “self-absorbed, ego maniacs”.

He stood there listening to her rant and watching her wiggle out from under the bike, then struggling to pick it back up. He leaned over and helped her set it upright once again.

“F**k!” She exclaimed. “There’s scratches down this entire side now. Just look at the gas tank!”

“I’ll take care of the damages, miss, miss…” He paused waiting for her response, then stuck out his hand to shake hers. “I’m David.”

“Morgan.” She retorted, rudely. Her eyes squinted and pierced into him.

“Well, Morgan, you have amazing, expressive eyes. Right now, I’d say you just burnt me to a crisp with the laser beams.” He smiled at her.

“I’m going to need your information if you’re serious about paying for the damages,” she replied.

She began digging into her shoulder bag for a piece of paper and a pen.

“Listen,” David began. “I was going to get a cup of organic coffee and head to the beach. Why don’t I buy you a cup of something, and we can exchange information?”

He pointed to the coffee shop across the way.

Morgan calmed down immediately and smiled for the first time since their encounter.

“I’d love to.” She replied, and she started her bike and followed him.

They sat in the little coffee shop making small talk for more than an hour. David had a way of charming every person he encountered. If he happened to anger them, he or she certainly wouldn’t remain angry for long, and Morgan was no exception. He had her eating out of the palm of his hand in no time.

After exchanging information, he took her by the shoulder and lead her outside. She was very tiny, he thought. Tiny person, tiny motorcycle. He laughed to himself. Tiny, but a fire cracker.

Morgan was five foot four inches tall with a long flowing mane of sunlit, golden hair. Her blue green eyes glistened when she smiled. She looked like an Angel, but David knew better.

He shook her hand and said ‘good-bye’ but as he turned and approached his vehicle to leave, something stopped him. Morgan started her bike and pulled over near him to wave ‘good-bye’ when David motioned her to turn off the engine. She gave him a puzzled look as she shut it off.

“This isn’t over,” He said out loud. “You’re coming to the beach with me.”

Morgan shot him a look of surprise.

David decided that he liked playing with fire and this just might be what he’d been looking for.



© 2017 Stacy Purvis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great beginning! I like how the characters are set up so far! Can't wait to see what happens next

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on March 13, 2017
Last Updated on March 13, 2017
Tags: love, fire, sex, romance, motorcycle, passion, xosassystaceox, life, writer, writing


Author

Stacy Purvis
Stacy Purvis

Columbus, OH



About
Altruistic Enigmatic Polymath | Writer, Poet, Actress, Musician, EMT. I'm an Artist. I paint pictures of the verbal kind. ☯ 333 more..

Writing