Betrayed Love

Betrayed Love

A Poem by Sierra D3
"

I wrote this when i was in 8th or 7th garde

"
Why cant you here me crying out to you?
Is it that you can't, or you really don't want to?
Don't tears come to your eyes as you look at the blood running off your hands?
My blood.
The blood you made boil with one kiss.
The blood you made warm with one touch of your hand.
Now you stand there, looking down on my lifeless body.
Do you feel sorry?
Do you even know that i can still see you?
You seem like you feel no pain.
But that i don't understand, because you once told me that you loved me.
That I was the only on you could see yourself with.
Was that all a lie?
Was it all in my mind?

I'm cold all over yet you stand there and do nothing.
Running your eyes over all the blood you left around me.
Not once did I think that it would be you,
you the one to stop my beating heart.
But do you know that pain can still be felt by a heart that has stopped beating?

Tears!
Is that tears I see flowing from your eyes?!
Why you do love me , I always knew you did.
But if what I want to believe is true,
then why did you take my life I was so willing to give all to you?

"I'm sorry" He said "So sorry." and he runs away.
That love that we once had is now dead with my decaying body.
Though I know my heart should feel hate for you , my love for you only grows stronger.
Wanting to be in your arms , to feel your skin against mine.
Yet all I can do is lay here and silently cry out for you once more. 

© 2014 Sierra D3


Author's Note

Sierra D3
I made a few changed from the original not many, Please tell me what you think :) thanks for reading :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The emotion in this poem is overwhelming, and in the best way. I felt everything you were trying to convey. This poem tears your heart out while painting a portrait of a great love that once was. This is truly beautiful. Thank you for writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The best word I can think of to describe this poem is, powerful. The context is quite emotional, especially at the end. The whole structure and phrasing are not exactly poetic, but this poem doesn't need to be. In fact I think it's better this way. You get the message out, which is very powerful. This is impressive, like Sectando said, especially for that age.
.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sierra D3

9 Years Ago

Thank you Justin. :)
I find a lot of poems on here about lost love and they are difficult to read sometimes as I am most recently going through a breakup after almost 2 years, 8 months of which were spent living together. I will admit, I'm really selective in general and literature is no exception so I try to be as honest as I possibly can while still being supportive and pointing out the things I liked in someone's writing. I seldom find things I read that make me feel like it was an outstandingly inspirational read that I wholeheartedly enjoyed and for that I almost feel like I should apologize, especially if I receive such praise for things I write but I feel like the best thing I can do in anything in life is to be honest.

And, speaking of honesty that is what I liked the most about this poem. It was very honest and I think many readers can relate to these kinds of feelings. This is the kind of poem that reminds us that we're not so different from one another. I will say though this is very impressive given the age you were while writing it. Keep writing, there is no reason not to :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sierra D3

9 Years Ago

Thank you so so much, it means a lot to me for you to take the time to read my poem. Since I favor m.. read more
Sectando

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome. I'm always looking for reads so feel free to leave a RR.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014

Author

Sierra D3
Sierra D3

Dallas, TX



About
I'm 18 years old and I love to write poems and sing . I really want to improve my writing skills, so any advice would be highly appreciated :) more..

Writing
Ex: Hey... Ex: Hey...

A Poem by Sierra D3