chapter three

chapter three

A Chapter by Emily

THREE �"

 

“Do you know where you are now?” Alyssa heard the voice again, but this time she knew who it was coming from.

A man stood in front of her and he held a clipboard in his hands.

      “I-I…don’t…” Alyssa couldn’t finish her sentence as she stared at him for a long time.

“Are…are you a doctor?” She asked.

The man nodded and gave a friendly smile. “Yes, I am.”

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

            “I wanted to see if you would figure it out on your own. You see, Alyssa. You were hallucinating.”

Alyssa laughed a little and looked away. “No I wasn’t. I knew exactly where I was and how I got there…”

“But you didn’t know what was going on…did you?”

Alyssa stared at the doctor and he seemed to have been enjoying asking all these questions.

      “I’m in a crazy person place, am I!?”

The doctor sighed. “Not a crazy person place…a psychiatric ward!”

“That’s the same thing!” Alyssa snapped. She glared hard. “What am I doing here!? I didn’t do anything wrong!”

      “You did, you did a lot of things that were wrong! You just don’t want to see it.” The doctor said.

Alyssa shook her head and ran her hands through her hair. “I KNOW I didn’t do ANYTHING wrong!”

She couldn’t even see the scars and the bandages on her arms, legs and neck. She felt pain but she had no clue where it was coming from.

         “Look at yourself, Miss. This is why you are here!”

Alyssa gave him the death glare. “Shut up…get out…go away…disappear…never come back and see me AGAIN!”

The doctor shook his head in disapproval. “You’ll be seeing me again, you remember that.”

And he left her there in the room alone, closing the door behind him.

     

 

                                   ~Thomas~

 

I sat there in the cafeteria alone at my table.

No one wanted to sit with me and talk to me.

      Though I understood why; they were afraid to speak, afraid to do anything with the guards around.

“Hey.” I called out to a boy around 13 who sat one table away from me.

The boy glanced up but he didn’t say a word, only pushing up his thick, black-framed glasses and going back to eating.

       The whole area was quiet, depressing, there was nothing social going on at all.

Sadly, the guards had probably mentally abused each and every kid here so they would stay calm and quiet, and out of trouble.

      I, on the other hand, did not care about getting into trouble. What kind of punishments could they give you when you’re already here to be killed, don’t you think being hit would be a little over the top?

      Though I had to feel something, the feeling of getting caught, being in serious trouble…I hadn’t had that feeling in a few days, it was like I was addicted!

If stabbing people weren’t enough to keep me hyped for a while, then what would keep me satisfied?

      I already killed someone, and that didn’t work out so well, so what else was there?

I guess maybe if I found out that my girlfriend �" one that I don’t have �" got pregnant with my baby, then I would be freaked out, nervous and totally alarmed for the whole time till the baby comes.

   But really, what was I supposed to do here? I wanted to know, I wanted to do something, and I wanted…out.

To be honest, I wanted to change. I really did!

I wanted to get out of this hell-hole, get right in life, and make something of myself!

           Though since that chance was shot, I was just going to let it all out, be who I was. Someone who was violent, and someone who was going to get in big trouble.

The lunch bell rang and everyone started to get up and go into a single file line.

       I stared blankly at the kid in glasses till I finally decided to go up and bother him, so I did. I stood up and walked over to the kid and smirked. “Hey, you! I was talking to you back there, why didn’t you answer? You’re supposed to answer!”

     The kid glared at me through his specks and clenched his jaw. “I didn’t want to answer you. Is that so wrong?”

I glared at him a little harder, my hands curling into fists. “Yeah, yeah it is wrong! When I speak, you listen, and then you SAY something!”

          Though, I don’t really mean it. I just wanted to start something because I was bored.

The kid pushed me a little and glared hard. “You’re not the boss of me, fool! You can do ANYTHING around here! You’re just as much of a prisoner as WE ALL are!”

         I breathed hard and laughed a little, feeling the hype.

I yelled and grabbed him by his waist, shoving him into the ground.

He yelled and grabbed my shoulders, trying to shove me off. “GET OFF ME MAN!” He hollered.

I started to punch him in his stomach, over and over and over again. And then…his face. There was blood, a lot of blood. As my fist kept slamming into his cheek, and nose, I started hearing cracking.

I was damaging him, big time.

        Guards ran over and they pulled us apart, pinning me to the ground as one of them took the kid to the nurses’ station.

I struggled to free myself from the guard’s arms but he had me down good.

      I yelled and screamed from him to just get off and let me go back to my room but I then felt something inject into my neck.

“A-ah…” I didn’t know what was going on; everything was getting blurry.

       “I…” Black spots clouded my vision and I swallowed hard as my body started to get numb.

“Nn…” I fell asleep…and I don’t know what was going to happen next, what would happen to me, and what they would do.

 


 

 

 



© 2010 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on February 11, 2010
Last Updated on February 11, 2010


Author

Emily
Emily

Writing
Pieces Pieces

A Poem by Emily


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emily


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Emily