The Train Gang

The Train Gang

A Chapter by Edwina
"

Miss Kent and the spirits have a meeting of sorts

"
Daniel worked, and Brenda  finished her shop window for Valentines Day. Most of their evenings spent together were painful, and sad. There were a few TV shows on, but Brenda found them shallow. "The Ed Wynn Show", and "Texaco Star Theater" didn't thrill her in the least. Daniel often went to sleep in his own room early. He would leave for work early, too, and eat "on the run."  

Fiona Rowena Kent drove to the Blundon House on February 11th, from Beltsville after leaving her husband, Frank, in the care of a neighbor. She had met Brenda and her mother many years earlier at a Spiritualist meeting in Georgetown, Washington. She was a trance medium, and abhorred trickery of any kind.

The two women ate lunch, and chatted awhile about life in general, and Fiona said that the situation with Brenda, whatever it was, could be managed. When they ascended to the attic, Fiona gasped. "Oh they are here ! Let me call them closer. "  Brenda turned on the nearest radiator, and pulled two chairs up  to the big table. 

She wasn't expecting Fiona to do any communications. Fiona touched Brenda's left pinkie finger to her right one and closed her eyes. Brenda closed her eyes as well, and opened her mind.

Fiona welcomed the sweet spirits and invited them to say something. In a soft voice, she whispered "we are the train gang"  Brenda asked "are the boys with you?"  "yes"  "are they happy?" "very much" "will you come again ?"  "when  it is time, yes."

Fiona sighed, and opened her eyes. She had seen their world for a second. Their sense of time is "very different from ours" both women had learned from the Spiritualists. It takes energy to "go back" to the Earthly plane, but they do it only for love. Many will come back frequently, during seances, or other spirit communications but some prefer to wait for the living to join them through death. The departed think about the living as often as the living think about the transitioned souls.

Fiona said that the "Train Gang" is made up of spirits who died from train accidents or suicide by train. The first spirit to speak had been a woman, and the second was a mature man the third was a young teen, and the 4th was an older teen. Fiona  had felt the spirits pulling back, and away very quickly. Brenda was impressed. 

The " time" statements have to do with Earthly time.  Fiona said that spirits appear in dreams, and thoughts, and that many communications were easier that way because there wasn't as much resistance on the part of the living. 

During formal seances, people often tensed up, and worried too much. They were time bound, and gravity bound as well. Dreams were "neutral territory" and not as cluttered.

Brenda gave Fiona  expense money, and told her that there would be more group seances in the future if she was able to attend. Fiona said she would be happy to come, and preferred Lester Feldman, and Josie Logan above all others, to join the circle of Spiritualists. 

Guests would be screened by Brenda. She mentioned Mr. Griffin just before Fiona went out the front door to her car. Fiona smiled. " Oh I feel his immediate presence, even though he's still alive ! "

C J. Marks
 
  


© 2013 Edwina


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
Added on December 8, 2013
Last Updated on December 8, 2013
Tags: channeling, ghosts, spirits, metaphysics

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina