Another Window Display

Another Window Display

A Chapter by Edwina
"

A new man, a new year coming. Honoring the dead.

"

Farleigh  had trouble falling asleep. He kept hoping that Edwina knew where he was. He had to get back to his own house, and arrange to be with Brenda again for the windows, attic, and open house, if she decided to go through with it.

The two discussed many things at breakfast. Brenda wanted to give and take with Farleigh. He was more than a lover, and "Train Gang" associate. He had a financial future with her if he needed it, but he didn't seem to have any money problems. Having him provide the actual clothing worn by two members of the "Train Gang" was a bonus that Brenda had never expected.

She would telephone Sherman Stokes, and give him the approximate heights, and hair coloring for the new mannequins, and "absolutely needed " a pair of sitting legs for "Waters" so he could sit on his Father's lap.  Farleigh said he would phone later in the day from his house, and share the measurements for Edwina's and Frederick's clothing. 

Brenda said it was up to him what Edwina should wear in the window, but that she, Brenda, might find it interesting to change the "gang" a little, "wardrobe - wise" for New Years Eve, since two of them had died that day by train. The message must not be sad or gloomy. Christmas could be serious a bit, but the New Year had to be filled with hope, and love of life.

Farleigh kissed Brenda and left with his notebook. He would be back when she summoned him for "anything at all."  Brenda phoned Sherman, and gave him a list of mannequin types, then remembered that she hadn't asked Daniel permission to feature his parents, and Caitlin's parents in the display. Having any interaction with Caitlin was out of the question, so she decided to wait until Daniel got in touch again. The only way around any protest was to not name the mannequins in the windows. Customers were free to ask questions if they entered the shop.

Brenda wanted Farleigh to be at all of her public and private functions. She wasn't playing a game with Daniel's emotions. She simply didn't want to be totally alone over the holidays, and Farleigh needed the same activities. No one owned Brenda Grayson, and Brenda Grayson owned no one. 

When Farleigh got home he began hunting for the Ouija board. Edwina never threw anything out, and there were a lot of trunks in the attic he'd never been into. He emptied two large trunks full of old clothing, and planned to give the entire collection to Brenda as a Christmas present. The clothing in his bedroom closet would stay with him. 

At the bottom of the third trunk he found the Ouija board, and took it downstairs to read the instructions.  Farleigh wasn't as lonely as he had been, and the spirit world didn't frighten him a bit now that he'd learned so much from Brenda.

C J.Marks


© 2013 Edwina


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
Added on December 21, 2013
Last Updated on December 21, 2013
Tags: mannequins, parties, romance, hard work

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina