Little Details

Little Details

A Chapter by Edwina
"

Gearing up for a great Christmas.

"

 Brenda contacted Pauline Kirby from the Historical Society and offered her a silver tea set in exchange for helping to host the public open door event at the Blundon house. Tickets could be bought at the door or in advance. Christmas was not far off, so December 23rd would have to do for the tour. Anyone who volunteered to help would be given a choice of items from the store. The attic was off limits, as was Daniel's room, but the rest of the house was on display. Pauline's nephew would man the music boxes, and help with hosting.
Farleigh  had telephoned Brenda with the approximate clothing measurements for Frederick, and Edwina. Sherman's van would be arriving at the shop in two days "filled to the brim."  Frederick was about 5 feet ten, and Edwina was five feet four. The other members of the Train gang included Daniel's and Caitlin's parents, and a woman named Dolly who had lived in Farleigh's house with her husband before Frederick and Edwina had 
bought it with money from her parents shortly after they were married. 
Dolly had been watching the train go by in one direction, and failed to notice the other train bearing down on her due to the noise from the other train. She was scheduled to attend a birthday party at the Millers "two houses down" on August 19 1925, but she was killed instantly. She was described by Mrs. Miller as a sweet lady, average build and height, with brown bobbed hair, and blue eyes.
Brenda wanted to tell Daniel about the windows, but he hadn't telephoned a great deal since he heard about Farleigh. Brenda decided to fill the area with mannequins, and not worry over who might be offended. Farleigh would arrive to help the same day Sherman came with the "new people." There would be 12 mannequins. Brenda had four available, and trusted Sherman to bring the rest of what she needed.
Mr. Griffin sent Brenda a Christmas Eve invitation to his home in Hyattsville and urged her to bring a guest. His parties were legendary. Costumes were optional, and there was a high possibility that she would appear in the Society section next to Mr. Griffin and his "oddball" friends who were Freemasons for the most part. His Decorations were always beautiful, and he hired live musicians.
Meanwhile, in Beltsville, Farleigh was wrapping up the "Fuld" Ouija board in gold metallic wrapping paper for Brenda. He hoped that it was "alright" with Frederick, and Edwina. Perhaps if Brenda had any psychic abilities, the two might even send a message from the spirit world. Farleigh still planned to talk to Fiona about the Spirit world when the time was right. 
Everything was falling into place, and Brenda didn't have the same jitters that she had the year before when Daniel was around.
C J. Marks


© 2013 Edwina


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
Added on December 23, 2013
Last Updated on December 23, 2013
Tags: shopping, tours, music, parties, good cheer

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina