Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Mediums

Mediums

A Chapter by Edwina
"

Gearing up for a seance, the mediums, and curious, converge at the Blundon House

"

Farleigh helped Brenda with the attic presentation, but the curtained cubicles for "the three boys" killed in front of the house made her nervous. They weren't quite ready enough to share with the guests, or at least she thought so. Farleigh suggested she keep the semi sheer curtains closed, and leave it for later. When the seance began, she could dim the lights inside each cubicle, and just have candles on the big round table.

Harriet phoned to say that she could make it to the seance, but would be bringing her rosary at her husband's insistence.  With four hours to go until "showtime" Brenda changed into an Edwardian day dress, and Farleigh wore a nice Edwardian jacket with an argyle sweater vest. The hours flew by quickly.

The two set up the snack table, put oak wood near the fireplace, illuminated the attic stairs with soft "car lot" lights, lit some frankincense, and played piano music on the record player. Fiona arrived early, and "fiddled" with the attic Ouija board that Daniel had given to Brenda. Fiona was heard laughing at one point, and Brenda knew that it was a good sign. Lester and Josie arrived 5 minutes apart. Lester Feldman was a Jewish Spirit medium, and began telling the guests about his latest "challenges" from the "establishment."  His sense of humor was contagious.

His first experience with mediumship came when he was 5. His dead uncle had told him, telepathically, to "stop worrying about death" during the funeral services. He didn't tell anyone about it. He wanted more connection to the afterlife, and he began reading up on the subject when he was about 8. He and Brenda were more telepathic than vectors for other people. Fiona did "just about everything" including automatic writing, tarot, trance mediumship, and "simple dialogues" with spirits, including animals. 

Brenda told everyone present about the two people in costume who had appeared at her shop window on Valentine's evening. Farleigh backed her story, and Fiona said they were ghosts, and that they wanted to come through at the seance. Brenda was skeptical "because they looked very solid" and Farleigh agreed. Fiona never argued. Time would tell who they are, or were.

Josie said she was "stuffed full" and didn't have room for snacks, so Brenda asked if the seance could come first, and a show of hands proved unanimous. Josie Logan was from Takoma Park, Maryland, and specialized in channeling reluctant spirits. She taught classes at a Seven Day Adventist Church. They all knew how she felt about the Spirits, and emphasized God's love for all of his children. She said they aren't all laying in the ground waiting for something to happen. "They have lives just like yours and mine" she insisted.

Harriet wandered in behind host Farleigh, and met the mediums. She was surprised that they were all normal people. Lester said that he "left his extra head at home, but could go get it." Harriet had no reservations about the night ahead, and eagerly followed the group up to the attic.

C J Marks


© 2014 Edwina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014
Tags: spirits, contact, humor, connection

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina