Snow Job

Snow Job

A Chapter by Edwina
"

The strange couple makes a bit more sense in a roundabout way.

"

With Farleigh back in Beltsville, Brenda decided to stay home for a few days, and catch up on her "neglected' social life. The snow kept falling from breakfast to mid afternoon with no let up in sight. Fiona telephoned with news about the couple in front of the Valentine's Day window.

Turns out that the married couple,  Mr. And Mrs. Shockey, were attending a party at the University of Maryland, and had driven to Riverdale Park for a visit to the McFadden's at home just down from the shop. Fiona found out from her neighbor who worked at the University serving drinks at the buffet.

Mr. Shockey asked her for directions to Riverdale Park Town Square because they wanted to visit the McFadden's before going back to Bladensburg.

Fiona said that the Valentine Ghosts had probably viewed the window through the eyes of the Shockeys. The dead do dream, and the living have no idea that they are being used as vectors.The window might have seemed like a lucid dream to the Valentine's. Fiona had picked up energy from the newlyweds, and was convinced that they wanted to connect eventually in some way. Fiona knew that spiritualism seemed complex, and impossible at times, but there were so many many dimensions, and that no one had any right to lay claim to the absolute truth.

Brenda thanked her, and promised to find out all she could from Mrs. McFadden about her two friends, the Shockeys, but first, she wanted to telephone Mr. Griffin. As usual, Mr. Griffin was fine and dandy. He needed to ask Daniel if he would like to be in a reenactment, or two, as soon as the conditions favored such events. Brenda promised to relay the information, if and when, she heard from Daniel. Winter was fading fast with one last "snow hurrah" for everyone in the D.C. Metropolitan area. 

The store window would have to be dismantled in a few days, but for now, Miss Brenda Grayson would rest her "hyperactive old bones," indulge in a few pastries, daydream about "some day" having a "non husband husband," a caboose, and being able to close up shop. She came to the conclusion that even the spirits needed time to "goof off."

CJ Marks


© 2014 Edwina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on March 8, 2014
Last Updated on March 8, 2014
Tags: ghosts, snow, communications, afterlife, dreams

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina