The Zoning Board

The Zoning Board

A Chapter by Edwina
"

Paperwork is prepared for permission to add the caboose to the Blundon property.

"
  Farleigh stopped in to see Doctor Sullivan before he began his hunt for a good lawyer. Brenda decided against doing " too much" for Farleigh, so she didn't suggest a law firm, despite her many business connections. Staying busy would be good for him, and Doctor Sullivan agreed. Farleigh admitted to having increased hallucinations when his life hit theoretical brick walls. 

He still refused  to take medicine for anxiety, but didn't rule out having a few x rays down the road to rule out a brain tumor. His disorder would eventually have an official name because other cases were mentioned in Doctor Sullivan's journals, but they weren't all alike. 

There were times that he could give people animal heads with just a simple thought. The images were cartoon like, and almost lifelike at others. He understood that they were inside his head only, but he hesitated to visit certain places when his mind was in such a mode.

One of those places was the cemetery where his mother, Frederick, and Edwina were buried. As much as he wanted "signs" from them, he didn't fully trust what might show up. He didn't want to see Edwina with a hippopotamus head, or Frederick as an owl.

Brenda concentrated on getting the caboose approved by the Historical Society, arranging paperwork for the zoning board, if approved, and thought of ways to "butter up" Jeffrey Larkin if he balked at the idea. The caboose would block part of her house, and he might not like that. Larkin was most likely a voyeur, just as Farleigh had suspected.
  
The most important thing was to prevent any danger or inconvenience to the public or neighbors. Such things often became an "attractive nuisance" and children, especially, might be liable to climb the fence in order to see inside. Granted, there were hundreds of cabooses going through Riverdale Park on an hourly basis, but Brenda's would be decorated for holidays, and have "dummies" inside.

CJ Marks


© 2016 Edwina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
Added on May 15, 2016
Last Updated on May 15, 2016

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina