The Birds

The Birds

A Story by Eidolon Michael
"

Is what you see always what you get? The birds shall answer that question for you.

"
There existed two sacred birds that forever travelled the world. The first was a beautiful golden and crimson phoenix.The other was an ugly and bald raven. The raven and the phoenix landed on a rich man's house. "Such an ugly bird.Begone!"the man yelled and the raven flew into the sky and the phoenix gave a mystical cry and the man was struck dead. The birds landed in front of a homeless man. "Even I am not that ugly,"the man said and the raven flew into the sky.The phoenix gave a cry and the man met death. The birds landed on the window sill of a young child's room. "That bird is beautiful,"the young girl said,pointnig to the phoenix,"But that raven must be lonely." The girl picked up the raven and held it to her heart. The phoenix gave a cry and burst into flames and the raven gave a cry and turned into a diamond worth several million dollars. "I mustn't spend this,"the girl said and she set the diamond on a shelf.The phoenix,meanwhile,burned to ashes,never to return.

© 2010 Eidolon Michael


Author's Note

Eidolon Michael
R&R please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. I like the theme and I think it's definitely believable for a little girl to do something like that versus the older people.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


lol, that's cool. don't know why the phoenix had to die though.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 31, 2009
Last Updated on April 6, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

Eidolon Michael
Eidolon Michael

The Gates of Zonei, TX



About
My name is Michael and I am 18 years old. I'm a pretty nice guy(mostly) but if I don't like you, I'll tell you so,yeah.I'm really short for a guy (5ft, 6in.) and I'm pretty average weight(125lbs).. more..

Writing