In sickness and in health

In sickness and in health

A Story by Faust
"

A bio of sorts?

"
Dear 2 year old me,
Hi, younger me. I just wanted to let you know that this is going to be a good year for you. You know why? This year you won't be alone. Have you noticed how your mommy's tummy has gotten bigger? This year, you will be the proud older sister of April Helen Faust. And you know what? You named her. Sort of. You see, when your mommy was jokingly asking you what she should name the baby, you replied with apple. Don't let her cuteness fool you, though. This baby will take everything from you. She take your room (literally the biggest room in the house because that was the nursery), she'll take your toys and your old clothes, she'll take mommy and daddy's free time too because the baby is the number one priority. But don't worry. It'll get better. You'll see. Until next time...

Dear 5 year old me,
Hi again. I hate to say this, but this is the year we found out that your sick. Really sick. You have a condition in your blood that leads to any and all cuts getting infected far too easily. But don't worry. You survived the medicines and needles so far or else I wouldn't be writting to you. We also found out that you would need a surger for your left eye. This will be your first out of many surgeries. I know it is scary but it will be worth it. You'll need 8 months to recover from the opperation but you are still alloud to go to school a month after the surgery. Though, you will have to walk around with an eye patch and you won't be allowed outside to play with the other kids because they couldn't risk dirt getting into the eye and causing an infection. This hasn't been a good start to elementary school, but I hope it gets better...

Dear 6 year old me,
Your sister is now in preschool. But I remember this one time she almost died in school. There was a substitute preschool teacher and it was recess time. There is a spot for the younger kids to play in and a spot for the slightly older kids that included monkey bars. You can probably see where this is going. The teacher let the kids into the older kid area and your sister ended up falling off the high monkey bars which is a long way to fall for someone her size. She hit her head on the way down and she hurt her neck really bad. She was rushed to the hospital and you stayed with a friend while your parents stayed at the hospital all night. You couldn't stop crying. You were so scared. You have face death and have escaped but you thought that you would never see your little sister again. I'm glad she is ok. She is a thriving 14 year old now, but she still has the scar on her neck to remind evryone of what should have been a normal day...

Dear 9 year old me,
Congrats, you have made it to the 4th grade. But this is the year where your blood condition got so much worse. You were just sitting at your desk when the teacher walked up to you and asked what was wrong with your hand. You didn't notice anything so you looked down. Your hand was all red and bumpy, same for your wrist on the oposite arm. You went to the nurse, who wrapped up your hand and wrist and called your parents. You started to feel kind of sleepy but the nurse kept telling you to stay awake for a few minutes. Your parents came to get you, and they took you to the hospital. They got a stronger dosage of the yucky pink medicine that your dad always forced down your throat even when you weren't resisting (the medicine came in a syring that you can slowly pour into your mouth, but instead he would always shoot that stuff down my throat.) This kept the disease and redness from spreading and eventually, my skin stopped looking so irritated. The disease didn't come back until 6th grade. So for now, you are in the clear...

Dear 10 year old me,
Yay! Double digits! You also just had your first real birthday party. You may have been too uncomfortable to make friends, but you've done it. I'm so proud of you. The close friends you have made this year will stay with you all the way through high school. They will see you at your best and at your worst. They will be with you through thick and thin. High school might change them, but the friendship will last. Have fun fitting in...

Dear 11 year old me,
You are finally an older cousin! You and your sister have always been the youngest cousins out of 23 cousins. But your Aunt Laura and Uncle Chris had a baby and you got to name her! You named her Charlie. You got the idea from the Disney show Good Luck Charlie. 5 years later, you realize that Charlie looks just like the Charlie from the show. Have fun watching your youngest cousin grow up...

Dear 15 year old me,
Well, you've reached high school. All I can say is good luck. Your aunt and uncle had another baby. Her name is Parker. I don't have a lot to tell you. You have come so far, you have survived many hard opperations, many hospital visits, many tears. But you've made it. You have grown and gained wisdom. You have stared death in the face and said "I won't bow down to you." Soon you will finish school and a new chapter to your story shall begin.

Dear 16 year old me,
I've started looking at colleges. I want to go to MATC to study visual communications. I've lost most of my friends from my younger years, but I've gained new ones. I also found out this year that I am bi. I wish I could tell my parents but I know they would never approve. They have enough worries right now anyway. This is where I leave you to make your own decisions...

© 2019 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
Hi ya'll. This is a true story. I was looking at some old photos of when I was younger and decided to kind of tell my story. Thanks for reading :)
-P.S my little sister is planning on joining WC, she is a better writer than I am. I don't know yet what her profile name will e but I'll put it on my home page when I find out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I admire you for sharing your story so openly. Seemingly you have no fear or psychic damage from being bullied or taunted becuz of the ways you are different from others your age. This really stands out as something important that's MISSING from your story . . . (I'm glad it's not in your story). I feel your different installments are balanced, as far as what has been joyous & what has been difficult about your life. Your tone is so cheerful, I wonder if you are trying to overcome your challenges by being determined to see the bright side of life. I'm proud of you for how you've gotten thru all this & how you are showing others how to be strong in the face of challenges (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


Faust

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much, Margie :) I really enjoy reading your reviews
Fantastic story.
This is definitely growing up the hard way.
Had my heart in my hands a few times along the journey.
Hope the journey goes from strength to strength now.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Faust

5 Years Ago

Don't worry :) It definately will

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2019
Last Updated on April 26, 2019

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Death do us part Death do us part

A Story by Faust