The stories they tell

The stories they tell

A Story by Faust

We think that the world is happy and nothing can go wrong. We push the bad things out hoping that they would just go away. And they do. Until they keep coming and they keep building up and you are crushing under the weight of it all just trying to keep your head held up high.
We think that nothing can go wrong. That everything is okay. That you shouldn't care about tragidy and heartbreak until it happens to you. We are all selfish in that way. We walk the streets, right past thousands of people who play the leading role in their own story. You don't know them. They aren't connected to you in any way. They are just the extras in your life. You see their face and then they are forgoten not 5 seconds later.

But they each have their story to tell. They each cary their burdens. They are each running out of time. 

Within 100 years, their stories will come to a close. They will be forgotten and it would be like they were never their. They will only be remembered by those they have connected with. Those who have played a role in their lives and have changed something about that person. They will live on until that person dies. Then what? Then you are only remembered by the stories told about you. Until one day they stop telling your story.

But we choose not to think about this because it is a scary thought. I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid to be forgotten. I'm afraid that in 100 years no one will know my name. Which is why I write these stories. I hope that when I die, these stories can still be told or at the very least exist. I know I'll probably die young. But that's ok. I'm not afraid.

I remember when I was 4 and I learned that life isn't forever. I cried for hours because to a sensitive child who was always sick and couldn't be as active as other children, that was a terrible thing to hear. But now i'm learning that it's ok to be afraid. I think we all know that it's ok to be afraid. Which is why we push the bad things out because it's best not to dwell on it.

© 2019 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
I haven't written for awhile. I started senior year of high school so i've been busy. I can't believe I've made it this far :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
1 Review
Added on September 23, 2019
Last Updated on September 23, 2019

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust