Dad, why did you throw what we had away

Dad, why did you throw what we had away

A Poem by Faust

Dad, why'd you do it?
Why did you throw your life away?
Why'd you make us pay the price, that was much too high to pay?
They called it abuse.
But that is a term I don't like.
Who angered who?
Who won some of those fights?
Who overfed my sister, making her feel sick in the night?
Who held her hand and turned on her rainbow night light?
Who didn't care if we stood or if we fell?
Who tried to pick us up and carry us out of this hell?
Dad, I miss the way we were once upon a time.
But you have changed so much, I should've seen the signs.
If someone asks if I'm ok, the correct answer would be "I'm fine."
Because who needs to know, there's no reason to lie.

© 2020 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
I wrote this because I was mad. My sister has felt sick since yesterday and my dad kept forcing her to eat. When she felt sick an hour ago I asked him if there was something I could give her. All I wanted to know is if we had some meds or something. He said "yeah, a bucket." I am just so pissed that he does not seem to care. Then mom said "Don't worry about April (my sister's name) She's just upset because we made her eat her dinner. She just wants people to feel sorry for her so she's faking." I was so tempted to tell them that those tears and red face don't look so fake to me. But like everything, I just have to let some things go. Anyway thanks for reading.

Also when I say 'fights' in this poem, I don't mean anything physical. I meant like arguments and stuff. By 'throw your life away' I was refering to when he got in trouble with the law and we are still awaiting trial but he probably won't go to court until almost summer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Added on January 1, 2020
Last Updated on January 1, 2020

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust