covid-19

covid-19

A Story by Faust

My Aunt is a nurse. I guess I didn't know what that meant for her until just recently with the whole coronavirus thing going on. I kept complaining about things that I missed. Like my senior year, not being able to travel with my orchestra, prom, possibly our graduation ceremony. 
It wasn't until I had a chance to talke to her today (Easter Sunday, the one day she has off in a while) that I realized how much everyone else is losing. She has seen death before, but not in mass numbers like now. People are dying and there's not much any of us can do right now. 
When I went to school with my friends, we treated the virus like a joke. Because I found that it was easier to lauph than to cry. This was before we knew how serious it was. This was before we saw the charts, we saw the numbers, we saw pictures of the deceased and interviews with the loved ones who have lost everything. 
A child, a parent, a grandparent, a friend. Someone who didn't know that they wouldn't be here in a month, in a week, in a matter of days. 
Then there are the people that refuse to stay in their homes. The states close down schools, businesses, non-essential shops. And yet, people still get together, they hang out, they act normal like the world isn't dying around them. 
I miss people too, but I know that we all have to do our part to stay healthy and safe. I have to talk to my teachers over Zoom. I'm learning through a screen. 
My friends are calling our senior year 'the graduating class frozen in time.' 
I'll admit, I don't know how I feel about that name, but it stuck. Our GPA's will remain the same as last semester as will our grades. We are going by pass/fail at this point. Events have been completely whiped off the schedule. We might not have a graduation ceremony. 
This virus has taken all of our lives and completely flipped them around. Most of us are social creatures and we depend on each other. I know that I shouldn't complain but I think we all reserve the right to complain about the little things we're missing out on. As long as we don't forget that there are greater tragedies that could befall your life. 

© 2020 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
Please excuse the spelling and grammar mistakes. It's almost midnight, and we're supposed to get snow tomorrow. Like wtf. It's going to be summer in a couple of months. Why did it snow yesterday and why did my phone get the alert that it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.

Anyway, please keep safe, keep clean, and keep healthy <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

We all can relate lol. I am a very social person and not being able to see people really sucks. And it seems as if people are sooo bored that they like to start drama. Well done, Faust!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Faust

4 Years Ago

Thank! I've started texting random people on snapchat because I'm that bored
ItStaredBack

4 Years Ago

Dude can't relate. I got grounded from snap a few days ago. I have just been finding random things t.. read more
Faust

4 Years Ago

lmao when I'm not on snap, I'm usually playing the viola. But I think I need to change the strings s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 13, 2020
Last Updated on April 13, 2020

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust