The tears not yet shed

The tears not yet shed

A Story by Faust

Something is wrong. Something is always wrong. I keep messing up and I keep throwing away every chance I get on having a semi care-free life. I have bad habits that ruin my health and push others away because they just can’t deal with me. I feel angry all the time for no reason and I just want to stop crying. Or, at least, I want to be allowed to cry. I don’t want to hold the tears in anymore until I have a chance to hide away in my room. I should be allowed to cry. Right? My teacher just assigned an assignment and there was a description on why it’s healthy to cry. Why we should cry. But when I cry, it’s about the most stupid, selfish things. I cried when my trip to Chicago got cancelled with my senior year. I cried when I turned in an assignment late. I cried when I was failing so hard at Chemistry because I couldn’t process the information fast enough. 

But why couldn’t I cry when my dad was arrested? Why couldn’t I cry when a few months later, we found out my mom had cancer. Why couldn’t I cry when I was 6 and I was told that my friend’s dad was going to pick me up from school because my 4 year old sister fell on her neck at preschool and was in the hospital.

Instead of worrying or being afraid, I was excited to have a sleep over at my best friend’s house. What in the world is wrong with me? It’s not like I didn’t understand. I knew what was going on. I knew she was hurt and we didn’t know how bad it was, but even still, I didn’t cry. I remember being afraid seeing her for the first time in the brace, but I didn’t cry.

And yet, I’ve cried at every single surgery, operation, you name it. I cried every single time they had to put that stupid oxygen mask over my face because I was scared and in pain. But when I see someone else hurting, I just can’t bring myself to cry. I feel upset, I feel like I want to cry, but I just can’t.

That night my mom got diagnosed, I went to work not even an hour later. I spent a 5 hour shift pretending like everything was okay. I left my sister home alone just so that I didn’t miss a day.

It’s not like I wasn’t given a choice. I was. And I chose to leave. I called up my aunt on my walk to work, asking her if she knew. She did and she drove 6 hours to help us out that week. She is honestly my life line. She was a witness for my dad’s case, she took care of my sister and I for such a long time when she had her own family back at her place. And she told me something I will never forget. She told me it’s okay not to cry. I’m still trying to understand that, but I think I’m getting there.

© 2020 Faust


Author's Note

Faust
Thanks for reading <3

Stay safe during these hard times

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on May 12, 2020
Last Updated on May 12, 2020

Author

Faust
Faust

Sun Prairie, WI



About
I'm back! I don't think anyone noticed that I closed my account for a short time though lol. Basically my sister was messing with my computer and it screwed up my account more..

Writing
This year This year

A Story by Faust


$20 $20

A Story by Faust