Grave perils

Grave perils

A Story by V.J.C.
"

"Biting her lips with such force the girl found blood filling her mouth. Harsh metallic taste only helped spur the past to the front of her mind where it did not belong."

"
Rain poured down with out mercy for any who dared to go outside. There was one such foolish girl trying to brave nature's wraith. She shivered underneath the many layers covering her petite frame. If anyone had seen the girl that was on the verge of womanhood you could see misery etched on her face. Hunched over she braved the weather no one else seemed to dare.
 Piercing pain made itself known, telling the young girl she was not yet numb. Some times she did wish she was numb, from all the pain. There was too much pain in her life the girl thought as she continued her sluggish pace forward. If she was honest with herself the girl would admit she knew not where she was going, but honesty with her self was not common.
  So her she was walking through the empty city and no idea where to go. Seeing as life was not particularly kind to the girl, especially in the past few hours. She did not like thinking of the events that had recently unfolded but they stuck none the less. Rubbing her mind raw and bringing pain to the forefront of emotions that she had not time to divulge.
 Even as she forced her eyes to stay open the images still dance along her vision. Cruel love that only remained behind closed doors. Well, the door had been broken down and her parents lives were revealed. No way of covering it up but the sight of what the girl had seen still shook her. That was why she was here now, walking no where and every where. To escape and try to have some sense of freedom from the life that had just become known to all.
 Biting her lips with such force the girl found blood filling her mouth. Harsh metallic taste only helped spur the past to the front of her mind where it did not belong. Now the deepest darkest secrets of her mind were escaping and overriding her senses. Tears fell but mixed with the rain that poured heavy upon her. Just another weight to carry along with the many other burdens thrust on her. Gazing from under neath the hood she wore the girl was shocked to see where she was.
 The building loomed with a sinister look about it, or it was all a trick of the mind.Whatever it may be this place was the beginning and the end to it all. No other would know it but the girl knew, her mother had told the tale many times over the years. At thirteen she had heard the story too many times. A story of a man and a woman consumed by greed and lust. Which resulted in the girl's birth that her father wanted nothing to do with. He had claimed many time my mother was nothing but a s**t. That she would lay with any man that held any amount of wealth. 
 The girl's mother was many things, one in particular was faithful. She said as soon as she knew she was pregnant she stopped all the horrid things she had been doing. Yet, here the girl stood now with memories that told a different tale. On of deceit and horrible betrayal, and greed.
 Nothing had ever changed, the girl had saw it now. Her parents just got better at hiding it all. The lying,cheating,stealing,and worst of all the violence that all was came at the end. The muffled screams and the sounds of flesh slamming into flesh. All rushed back into the girl's mind, too much for her to handle. So many years silence was above all, keeping the secret so none would know. However, none of that mattered now not even the punishment her parents could give.
 Dead, their bodies had been displayed with blood splattering all over them. Not one tear had been shed at the sight, was that wrong the girl had thought. No sadness at her secretly brutal parents deaths at each others hands. Only one emotion surfaced and blasted the girl in the face, having her knees giving out beneath her. Shame, shame in what every one now thought of her. Shame in what she allowed become of her, she did not care that she was too young or weak. She could have ended it all with just one simple thing,speaking up.  

© 2012 V.J.C.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you are such a wonderful writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012
Tags: unhappy, lesson, scared, blood, hurt, secret, darkest, burden, parents, thoughts, emotions

Author

V.J.C.
V.J.C.

Sadly, in reality, CO



About
Two years have past, everything amd nothing has changed. I still struggle and try to find my way through this world that seems so dark. Not really seeing the things around, focused on surviving. A l.. more..

Writing
The Glitch The Glitch

A Poem by V.J.C.


Scream Scream

A Poem by V.J.C.