The Veil of Shadowed Souls

The Veil of Shadowed Souls

A Poem by Katie Sevin
"

This is not a typical poem. I like to call it poetic literature, because it does not follow a rhyme scheme, or limit the amount of words used on each line.

"
There is a place that the soul travels when it is too damaged to live in the light. It looks just like the world, beautiful and sunny, but only to the souls that are not lost. While they see the sun shining and the breeze blowing through the trees, the ones painted in darkness see only life standing still, veiled in black and grey. The shell of this soul will ask, how long do we reside here? How do I return home? A conversation of hopeless longing for the return to sanity. The soul quivers in sadness, for it wants to find the road back to harmony. It longs to help its shell become a person again. It sees people, but cannot bear to reach for them, You would think that the one who feels so alone would strive to be one with others, but there is a strange twist within the veil, and that in which one wants, is not so easy to achieve. 
Look forward, says the soul, for I have packed these bags of sorrow and heavy heart. They now sink in the river of change. We will no longer sit in the land of starless night. Look forward, for our sacrifice of pain to the waters of new life have in turn granted the stars again. Follow them, and soon, we return home. This time we walk among the others, having lived in the darkest places. Now you carry the stars to be placed as you walk, lighting the way for those stuck behind you. Look forward, says the soul, we are no longer welcome here.

© 2019 Katie Sevin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on May 3, 2019
Last Updated on May 3, 2019
Tags: recovery, mental health, poetry, inspirational, hope

Author

Katie Sevin
Katie Sevin

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello everyone! My name is Katie, and im 24 years old, from Arizona. I'm not going to go into a whole introduction, but I guess the most important thing to know about me, given the purpose of this si.. more..

Writing