Little Gypsy

Little Gypsy

A Poem by Adam Lain

Little Gypsy

 

And as the night grew old, her tiny feet tapped the earth, trudging along; snake like patterns in the sand.

The soles of her feet told tales of trails, and the calluses spoke of treachery.

The bangles and tawny rings from a man with a swift hand and gentle sneer weighed the most.

But, the beauty of such things bear not in value but rather possession; a moniker of her profession.

She bore no grimace or any other, for not a wretch such as she would entitle hate a home.

For she was a porcelain face with toasted skin, sack in hand, shawl in another, wandering along my opposite.

I was a passerby, with dull mind and monotonous road ahead, the trite night laying on me.

And as I drifted by this humble, little gypsy; taillights catching behind me, she never thumbed for me.

She just kept trudging along; snake like patterns in the sand.

© 2012 Adam Lain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on January 14, 2012

Author

Adam Lain
Adam Lain

Flint, MI



About
Finally getting around to writing some brief info about me, which of course leads you to the conclusion that I'm a procrastinator. Nevertheless, I am a 20 year old Psychology student attending the Uni.. more..

Writing