Green Love

Green Love

A Poem by A.G Franke
"

About the same girl as in "Grey Love"

"

If this is how it’s going to be that's fine.

But then don’t complain about your life.

Don’t want my help? Fine then wallow in your strife.

But please, go ahead, go to your a*****e of a boyfriend.

I’m sure he’ll help you, help you feel like s**t.

He’ll make sure your ego takes anther hit.

You must love the way he lies, but I hate the way you cry.

For I want you to be happy, and you honestly don’t know how hard I try.

You say you want to be with me, but I’m starting to think that’s a lie.

Do you really think I’d treat you like every other guy?

You know I’d treat you like an angel, but you say you “don’t know what you want."

But we both know we want each other, straight and blunt.

You say your happy, but are you really with him?

For you don’t seem happy? But maybe I’m blind by this green love that has started to stem.

Damn green love. Damn Green love.

© 2011 A.G Franke


Author's Note

A.G Franke
any major grammer and/or spelling let me know! =) I proof read this, but we all miss things. This one's is about the same girl as in "Grey Love" I hate me horribe love life! =/ but it does turn into some good poetry! injoy!
much love,
A.G.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

so often we want to be held hostage by what makes us tired and angry.....doesn't make sense does it? Excellent piece A.G.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love, that damn monster brings the biggest storms to the heart. It is nice to read someone's feeling on the screen, so that we all can see how we all go through this bout with love. True, pain and hurt do tend to produce some good reading. Nice Work

Posted 12 Years Ago


If this is how it’s going to be, that's fine,
But don’t complain about your life.
Don’t want my help? Fine, then wallow in your strife
And, please, go ahead, go to your a*****e of a boyfriend;
I’m sure he’ll help you, help you feel like s**t.
He’ll make sure your ego takes anther hit.
You must love the way he lies, but I hate the way you cry.
I want you to be happy and you honestly don’t know how hard I try.
You say you want to be with me, but I’m starting to think that’s a lie.
Do you really think I’d treat you like every other guy?
You know I’d treat you like an angel, but you say you “don’t know what you want";
We both know we want each other, straight and blunt.
You say you're happy, but are you really, with him?
For you don’t seem happy, but maybe I’m blind by this green love that has started to stem.
Damn green love. Damn Green love.


Rewritten with only a few minor changes . . . VERY minor.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this poem it's very good and age appropriate. Highschool can be a tough time. You've expressed some very real feelings here that i'm sure other people go through as well. You have a couple grammatical errors with spelling. Poetry really sets its own rules. You're in charge. You steer the poem and it's structure. To me the structuring (in part is grammar) is totally up to you. Overall this is a really good poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful work, and powerful emotion. I love the use of "Green Love". Alright, as far as spelling goes: That's instead of that, in the first line; you're missing a " at the end of 11th lines. Those were the only two I saw, the rest was awesome =] Great job!

~Adora

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the term "Green love". It is hard to watch someone go down the wrong roads and can't do anything about it. The story was strong and I enjoyed the ending. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


its wow...its really good...when i finished readin this...i say to hell with grammatical errors...the message is what counts...you rock!...wow!
and you are absolutely right...love life does turn into some wonderful poetry!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2011
Last Updated on April 28, 2011

Author

A.G Franke
A.G Franke

IL



About
I am new to this website, so please feel free to be my "friend" even if you don't know me. I am looking for reviews of my work as well as reading other. Mostly for the cause that I am in high school a.. more..

Writing