DIL'S TRYST WITH STRESS...

DIL'S TRYST WITH STRESS...

A Story by Adil
"

The description is from the hearts point of views which is called as 'Dil' in Urdu language and the creator is the writer himself who had been suffering from stress lately.

"

“STRESS”, the word in itself can have so much weight that you can literally feel it while expressing its implications to someone else. Even there is an extra letter added at its end to increase its burden. What if instead of “Stress” the word would have been “Jolly”, to convey the condition of a psychological disturbance to the normal functioning or well-being of an organism. Half of the problem would have evaporated the moment the word “Jolly” would have been uttered. Just imagine someone saying- “You know buddy, I have been feeling JOLLY lately” and that too with a gloomy face…I have been trying to imagine the situation till this day but failed every time bursting out with laughter…!! Oh, how simple our problem could have been if only words like “STRESS” wouldn’t have been penned down or described elaborately in the Oxford dictionary!!

 

Anyway, my creator has been suffering from the same since the time he started receiving education. And with every standard of school he passed, followed by his graduation, the levels of stress also seemed to have kept up with his own quality of severity. And it seemed quite justifiable because if an old age grievous stress would have invaded the fairyland of a child, he would have simply been shushed away by the kid. Just imagine how hurtful it would have been to the ego of the senior stress himself!!

 

I, being his heart, keep on telling him that there is no need to take this whole stress thing so seriously because the stress feeds on the importance which is given to them. Just imagine if the great rulers of the history would have invited stress so easily into their lives just a moment before a war. Suddenly the king in the midst of the battlefield, holding the sword, would start thinking about the one who would blow his head off first!! Definitely, it won’t be the enemy but his own nurtured stress for sure.

 

Such is the power of this invisible archenemy of ours. There had been many predictions of our world being taken over by an Artificially Intelligent creature. Well, the STRESS seems most appropriate to fit this prophecy. It is artificial, created by the intelligent human mind itself!!

 

But then this is where my role comes into play. The mind digs the grave, the heart fills it. Well, I’ll be there with him just like my other colleagues who are working day and night to keep their masters from losing their sanity over our very friendly neighborhood- The Stress!!

© 2017 Adil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work. Adil!
The title is quite catchy....
Switching the meanings seemed quite funny....
Keep writing:)




Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adil

6 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback..Sorry to reply back lately..Glad u liked it..:)
Good! I really related to the first paragraph as I and another poet were just conversing about how some words sound as themselves. The idea of switching the two and losing their value is also humorous and interesting to me. How true! And 'the mind digs the grave, the heart fills it'... so profound! Is that a saying in your culture? You are a good writer :) Thank you for letting me read. I.I.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Adil

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reviewing my work. Glad you could comprehend the theme with its humor.
The .. read more
Isabella Ivy

7 Years Ago

Yes. And influenced well :) more should use their heart to communicate. It was my pleasure reading y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 22, 2017
Last Updated on February 22, 2017
Tags: Stress, pain, humor, Heart, dealing with stress

Author

Adil
Adil

Kolkata, India



Writing
MIGRAINE MIGRAINE

A Poem by Adil


Alfaz-e-Dil Alfaz-e-Dil

A Poem by Adil