The Night is Young and they Mirror it's Existence

The Night is Young and they Mirror it's Existence

A Story by ADinHD

The night is young and they mirror its existence. 

 

As he steps from the door, she is there, calling to him with no words, no sounds.  Peering through the shade of the night, he examines over her.  Flowing hair blows across a starlit sky.  Velvet skin reflects as fair as moon gleam.  A red shirt would deter most men, but laid upon her, he feels strangely roused by this act of supposed absurdity.  He thinks about the shirt as it is definitely not the norm, but still can not explain his arousal by it.  The buttons all straight, the collar down, the stripes pressed.  He is perplexed, yet still he feels comfort within her cuffs.  A slight chuckle emanates from deep in his gut.

 

Her pants don’t confuse him at all.  They’re slick black with no ornamentation and resembling those he wears. 

 

Everything seems odd.  But he likes it.  Squirming within his skin, apprehension takes control as he fumbles over the right words to say.  She comforts him with a hand and her eyes tell silence him.

 

---- 

 

Eyes peer across the gymnasium floor, across every inch of her body, across the universe to meet this moment.  Everything he’s worked for, everything he is, every night he spent alone seems to melt away, caressing her velvety skin, enwrapping his very essence around her.  The longing whips him across the floorboards, throwing his body into a tumult in an attempt to make her laugh.  It works perfectly.  Her radiance blinds him to all but her.  Quietly, her body stills as he reaches for stolen breath.  They meet in arms.  Warm fingers trace up his shoulders and lay to rest at his neck.  Nervous hands tremble at her waist.  This is what he has prepared for. 

 

Fading into the light, the music parallels the beating of their hearts.  Swaying back and forth in undulation, two individuals become one.  In that moment, nothing can touch them.   Nothing can separate them.  Nothing will.

 

Gradually, the enclosing hoards around them disappear as the punch rolls out of the bowl.  The lights begin to fade.  This picturesque night has to end.

 

----

 

Jovial chortles come blaring out of the both of them.  Their hands, interlocked, sway between them.  Eyes gaze upward into the now uncertain sky.  Grumbles roll across their ears as lightning blazes across the firmament.  His heart drops as he glances upon her face.  Tears release over her illuminated cheeks.  He questions the moment.  What has he done wrong?  Where did he go wrong?  Why is it that this always happens?  So he asks.

 

And then the rain comes down, and she wipes those first few drops from her cheeks.  They both chuckle at his misreading.  Starting to run to the car, she stops suddenly. Yanked back by her abrupt halt, his body contorts and twists to meet up with her.  Her hand releases his, but reaches out to her sides. Tilting her head back, her soul soaks in the rain.  The water ripples over her body, creating pools at her feet.  He stops and watches on as this girl he knew, becomes a woman before his very eyes.  Entwining with life, her gaping mouth catches a few drops.  Leaning back himself, he takes in life as well.  Tilting further back, the water drives down his back.  In a shrill shriek, he yelps “COLD” as gravity works and pulls him down into the pond below him.  Jumping to help, she asks him if he is okay.  He bellows with laughter, and she quickly follows suit.  Two entwined with one life.

 

----

 

Slamming open, the door screams as the two carelessly barge in.  Still laughing about the night’s events, their brows drip upon the mat below.  She saunters away to grab some towels.  He stands there soaked with life again.  As he stands there, feet squishing below him, the cat meows as it reaches its milk.  He thinks about how he got here.  It amazes him how quickly it all happened.  From their first meeting, he felt something odd �" just something different.  Then it went from there.  They were friends, they wanted more, they were friends, they wanted more, and now, they were friends that wanted each other.  But now he stresses over how they want each other.  He still remembers that first kiss �" that awkward first kiss �" how it just didn’t feel right to either of them.  But now he feels that he wants to try again.

 

She trots back to him with two towels.  Landing a perfect head shot, the towel blinds him for a moment as he hears her snicker.  Rubbing violently, the water dissipates from his head while warming him in the process.  Crinkled by the storm, her hair lays damp across her shoulders.  Patting themselves down to dry, they lock eyes.  Remnants of rain slide down her nose.  Her cobalt eyes peer into his soul.  His hazel eyes gaze into her universe.  Remnants of his heart appear on his sleeve.

 

His eyes turn to her, dripping wet.  Her eyes glance at him, soaking wet.  Breath makes itself scarce for the both of them.  Something’s pulling them.

 

The dropping moment is there.  His gut sinks.  Her tummy tumbles.  They fall into each other’s arms.  Their lips meet in a collision of absolute ecstasy.  Tentatively, their eyes slowly open.  With lips still together, their eyes lock once again.  They pause at a short distance, still gripping each other.

 

Gazing into each other’s warm eyes, they speak volumes without a word.  Their breath is silent.  Their hearts are ablaze.  Pressing soft lips together, their bodies unwrap, dripping with the life given unto them. The two slowly begin to melt together, becoming one absolute.

 

This is that moment where people decide to fall in love or to be in it.

 

He couldn’t.  It was there.  He just couldn’t say it.  His lips tremble as thoughts of all the bad that could come from this raced through his head.  But her eyes.  He eyes calmed him.  In one breath he raises his chest, and in the most courageous moment of his life, he feels like a hero as he mutters softly:

 

“I……love you.”

 

Tears slowly drip as the rain did.  Her jaw slacks as her posture.  She feels the courage building up inside of her now.  He said it, and that fills her up with the strength to lift up life from ash.  She becomes his phoenix.  She becomes his life with those three words.  And altogether, as the tears roll, she feels her chest lift up to the heavens as she mutters softly:

 

“I……love you.”

 

The clock strikes eleven.  The cat stops drinking her milk.  The rain seizes up.  Their eyes lock once more.  Time stops.  The moment lasts forever. 

 

Then everything didn’t fall as most people would think.  In fact, everything continued again.  The rain falls, the cat drinks, and the clock keeps ticking.  Life continues upward.

 

They didn’t fall in love this night.

 

They grew in love.

 

The night is young and they mirror its existence. 

 

© 2011 ADinHD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 10, 2011