My state of the union.

My state of the union.

A Story by Andy Estrada

REMINDER: These are only my thoughts. My intention is not to offend anyone. Especially those, bravest among us. Who served this nation proudly. Answering the call, when our leaders said we needed them.

Thank you.


If the truth was the truth. No shades of grey, and nothing but honest, complete accounts of everything we now debate. What would we live like?

I look at these events of mass violence. And I don't dismiss them as "Just s**t" that happens in our fucked up world. I want to know where it comes from. 

Has the venom that flows through our veins, always been there? The impulse to recognize differences in appearance, and lifestyle. Is it us, who turn those differences into the source for hatred? But why? Is this natural? Some of us plagued with a hateful, manipulative mind. Or all of us, and this behavior is a condition. A side effect from our society. 

We feed, and clothed our poor. Provide free education. This is the greatest country on earth, and that can never be argued. What I suggest, is teaching our youth that to be the best, there has to be a worst. That this race was won through manipulation, under the disguise of democracy. 

Capitalism won the race. Not America. The "liberated" are only free, to want, what we want. To buy, what we buy. To desire the two-car, two-story, Flat screen filled home. The few remaining communist countries are following suit. With their own companies, and cooperation with us. What a beautiful world we live in. Soon we will all be united through greed. 

(Getting back on topic). The myth, born out of our slow indoctrination. Cleverly hidden inside this country's education system, is that this was some kind of destiny. Some divine gift from God himself, for all of our leader's hard work. We "found" this land, and became the greatest nation on earth.

There it began, the subversive, biased "facts" that were written and taught throughout the years. The true issues never spoken about.The lies that are now dividing our country.

We know that most of our founding fathers thought black people were literally a sub-human species; even if it was the norm at the time, it would have shown the sometimes flawed judgement of some of our greatest heroes. I'm not trying to say they were evil. They were men, brilliant business men and truly the nations absolute best. We know that's whose running our nation today, a nation that makes sure it's poor can eat, and have a good education.

Although to achieve that, our government needs it's country's wealthiest. (Who's a bigger expert on cash flow?) But the wealthy, always want to get wealthier. Salivating over cheap labor and natural resources abroad. (Early years of globalization.) The businesses needed help getting countries to "play ball". Taking care of troublemakers who popped up talking about "fair wages", or "helping their country from the money made off it's natural resources." Nope, one small check to the big dude in charge. That's better, more money for us, money for OUR poor. (Now their trying to squeeze the poor out too.)

Our country's rise has left an untold wave of poverty and corruption in the places we have exploited. The fight for freedom and democracy was really the spread of capitalism. The CIA, after years of ignoring the questions have now admitted to a number of political assassinations and coup's. One being the more recent confession of the Mossadegh coup, which was solely for the oil Iran was sitting on. Essentially making the CIA and MI5, personal hit squads for the oil companies. 

The U.S.'s replacement, the Shah, would become so sadistic that it caused the country to rebel. This event would turn them, and many middle eastern countries into rabid anti-Americans. Things like this have happened and continue to happen all over the world. Iraq(1963, brought in Saddam.), Africa (Patrice Lumumba.), Central and South America (Jacobo Arbenz, Hugo Chavez. (failed)), to name just a few.

This is the source of alot of the hatred toward (present day America) us. Not only that these events happened, but that we have a smug attitude towards this. We deny or don't really give a f**k. Ignore truths, embrace convenient lies, and never apologize.

We took 100,000 troops to war for vengeance. Yes, 3,000 American lives (9 / 11). We bullied two countries and killed over one-hundred thousand civilians. 

It's done. Nothing else we can do, but move on.

South of our border in Mexico, criminal organizations are responsible for the murder of 40,000 people (since 2006, only counting drug war related death, not kidnapped.) and for almost all of the drugs smuggled into our country.

No U.S. intervention. Why? Mexico did not need that type of "overwhelming" force. Only slow, steady cooperation. Why not violate human rights to catch these monsters? No Illegal phone taps? No Hundred-Billion dollar budget?

During it's rise in the late nineties'. America had over 700,000 violent crimes. A very high percentage of violent crimes are drug related.

Here's the deal. Any country. With a sizable portion of it's population. Saying it wants to sit on the "sidelines", of this geopolitical war for the "right type" of government; and choose religion. Is fair game. 

Capitalism will not have 36,000,000 people, not consuming, or producing anything. Or a government who will not sell resources, or land. It has enough of that with Russia, and China. You can have your main religion. You can torture, you can kill. You can do whatever you want. If you cooperate.  

They attacked underdeveloped countries. With almost non existent governments. Not fighting highly-trained, terror network henchmen. Fighting people. People that (In their eyes.) are standing against the radical changing of their home, their ideals, and everything they have ever known. What they believe, is change for the worst. 

They believe western culture is infected with a disease. The greed, vanity, consumerism, narcissism is all encompassed in that. So they stay away. And here we are comforted with "It's okay. They're free now. Free, from the people who didn't want them to buy, or make our stuff. (Said very differently of course.)

We have been betrayed by leaders who claim to represent truth and justice. Morality cannot exist where money is God. They have us. Trained, and hypnotized by the magic box. To want. To need. All at command.

There's no deep thought on either side. Only testosterone, and mob frenzy. 

Confused by political catch phrases, we were brainwashed into believing "we are doing the right thing". Victimized by racist polemics and filled with fear of a militant "terrorist network". Our leaders exploited our innocence and morality for their own willful purpose.

Now we see it's not a organized terrorist "network" per-say, it's individuals - sometimes brought together, but many times alone. Through their violent, and desperate acts try to bring these issues to light. 

Though I don't agree with the horrific methods. I think I understand a tiny bit of it. As the gate keepers refuse to acknowledge the manipulation of the American public. (Who, in their eyes are just as guilty.)Their rage turns into madness.

That's what I think the most recent organized events of mass violence have been about. (You know. School shootings, mass shootings, Boston bombing, and what not.) Tell me what you think.

Thank you for reading.

Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was February 22, 2014 arrested by U.S. - Mexican Marines.

© 2014 Andy Estrada


Author's Note

Andy Estrada
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on February 21, 2014
Last Updated on February 23, 2014
Tags: War, War on terror, terror, Middle east, prejudice, racism, truth, history, current affairs.