Stupid

Stupid

A Story by FallenSymphony
"

How stupid could I be? A simpleton could see That you're no good for me But you're the only one I see ~SARAH MCLACHLAN

"

Stupid

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u495/gamergal10/Stupid.gif

The text was direct and simple: Will you be my date for the Winter Dance?

One simple text and it set off all the alarm bells I had in my head. At first I thought that this was just some stupid prank or that he had the wrong number, but then the second text popped up: Clara? This isn’t a prank I swear. I would really love it if you would be my date.

I still wasn’t sure but I found myself typing back: Yes, that would be nice.

Another text: <3 Hey, can I pick you up tomorrow for school?

I replied: Sure, what time?

His reply: 7:30?

I replied: Okay, thanks.

His reply: =D See you tomorrow then.

~

The next morning I woke at my regular time and grabbed my favorite t-shirt and jeans. I had decided after I lost my best friend in 7th grade to her boyfriend that I wasn’t going to let a guy change the way I looked or acted. Feeling confident in myself, I walked downstairs to grab some food. At 7:30 sharp, a knock sounded at the door. Before I could get there, my mom opened it. He was standing there in his designer brand outfit, “Good morning ma’am,” he drawled out. My mother idiotically blushed like a teenage girl.

“Why hello,” she managed to choke out, “Are you Clara’s boyfriend? I didn’t know she had one.”

“Well ma’am, we just hooked up yesterday,” he replied smiling. He glanced over my mom’s shoulder and caught my eyes, “Hey Clara, you ready?”

Gently nudging my mom aside, I smiled, “Ready.” I turned around and whispered in my mom’s ear, “You’re drooling.” Then I kissed her cheek and left her staring after us.

“So, how did you sleep last night?” he asked as we got into his car.

“Fine, you?”

“Great,” he grinned.

I smiled back and asked the question that had me up all night, “Dell, why did you ask me to the dance? I mean, I’ve never talked to you before, you’re a jock, and I’m a dork.” I tried, but couldn’t keep the suspicion from my voice.

He sighed, “I knew you would think something’s up. I’ve been watching you for the past couple of months and everything that you do has me wanting to know you more and more. I’ve hounded Sarah for weeks trying to get her to tell me more about you. Took me a while to get the courage to talk to you.”

“You’ve been stalking me?”

“In a sense,” he murmured sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes, “So you’re willing to break the social barriers just because I ‘interest’ you?”

Dell shook his head, “I don’t care what the social circle says. I have a right to go out with who I like and I like you.”

“Well that sounds final,” I sat back in the seat.

“I’m serious Clara, I don’t care what other people say and you shouldn’t.”

“I don’t, just looking out for your male ego.”

He laughed, “Why thank you. I’m so honored to have a caring girlfriend.” I punched his arm playfully and ducked under his swipe.

“Keep your eyes on the road. My mom thinks you’re some kind of hero; don’t break that illusion by getting her precious daughter into a car crash.”

“Yes ma’am,” he saluted with one hand while keeping the other one steady on the driver’s wheel. The rest of the ride was silent until we pulled into the school parking lot. A group of popular gals headed towards his car the minute it drove in.

“Aww, you’ve got your own group of admirers. How sweet,” I said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes, “Just get out of the car.” I stuck my tongue out at him and got out, halting the girls’ footsteps. “See, problem solved.”

I glanced at him, “You really don’t know them that well. They’re coming up with some social death plan for me so you’ll see how big of a loser I am and go back running into their arms.”

He snorted, “You really have a low view on them.”

“That’s cause I know what they are like. You’re new here Dell and because you happen to look good and you’re a heck of a football player, you made it in the sacred inner circle.”

“Well don’t I feel special, incoming.” I tilted my head to catch sight of the girls, now standing a few feet away.

“How sweet,” the leading Blondie cooed. “Dell, you’re adorable, seeing this pathetic loser walking on the street, you took pity and gave her a ride.”

Dell smothered a laugh, “Actually Marissa, Clara’s my girlfriend.” Gods, if I had a camera I would snap a photo, no a million photos of the looks on their faces.

“You’re kidding right? She’s a loser, are you going to jeopardize your status for her?”

“Yes.”

“Dell, you’re not thinking straight. Did you drink last night? Drugs?”

“Marissa, I don’t drink and I’ve never done drugs. I like Clara and I asked her out. She said yes, we’re a couple. Now go and deal with it,” he turned her around and pushed her. “Oh and do me a favor, stop by the bathroom and start spreading the news. Thanks.” He turned back, “Easy.”

“Actually, it’s just the beginning.” I walked away leaving him alone in the parking lot. I walked into the building and was immediately ambushed by the traitors.

“So, he finally asked you out! He’s been bugging me forevuh!!!” Sarah squealed.

“Gee thanks, I just realized what a great friend you were,” I commented dryly.

“You’re so lucky,” Joanna grinned, “He’s new and good looking.”

“He’s not bad, but I’ve been getting alarm signals every time I talk to him.”

“You and your alarm bells,” Sarah groaned. “Just release all that tension girl and live. You’re in high school!”

“Is that supposed to mean that I have to forget every precaution I have?”

“Yes!”

“Great, you’re helpful.”

“Clara, we’re just trying to get you to liven up a bit.”

“By going out with a guy who we don’t know at all?”

“It’s kinda of like Romeo and Juliet, love at first sight,” Joanna piped in.

“And look where that got them, death?”

Sarah sighed, “Okay, I get your point, but give it a try. It’s one date, the dance night. It’s not like he’s asking for anything else from you.”

“He said straight in Marissa Silveras’ face that we are a couple.”

“Really? What did she look like?!”

“Off topic, but I wish I had a camera at that moment, it was a once in a lifetime chance.”

“Epic, anyways, the Winter Dance is tomorrow, you can live for that long. You’ll be fine,” Sarah hugged me tightly, “Now come on! You know Mr. History Professor hates it when his star students are late.”

~

After school, I was bombarded by the blondes, “Oh, hello.”

“Is this some stupid prank joke?” Marissa demanded.

“Uhh…no. He asked me to the dance.”

“He’s not that stupid. I know you, you probably went to some crazy witch lady and casted a spell on him. Everyone knows that he was going to ask me to the dance, not you. You’re some sort of loser who doesn’t belong in the high social circle.”

“Well, why don’t you ask him?”

“What?”

“He’s right behind you,” I pointed, “Hi Dell.”

Marissa whirled around, “Oh, hey Dell.”

“Cornering my girlfriend are you now Marissa?” he asked good naturedly, but something wasn’t right. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing on alert and I could feel something close to fear rushing through my veins.

Marissa batted her eyelashes, “Just asking a few questions.”

“Well, know this for a fact. She didn’t put any spell on her; I fell in love with her at first sight, kinda like Romeo and Juliet.”

“And look where that got them,” I thought.

Marissa bit her lip to control herself, finally forcing a smile she turned back to me, “Well it seems I owe you an apology. Hey, a couple girls are gathering at my house tomorrow night to get ready for the dance, you wanna come join us?” She cast a glance at Dell.

I pasted a smile on my face, “Sorry dear, I would love to, but I’m getting ready with my own band of adorable losers.”

Dell rolled his eyes, “Thank you for the offer anyway Marissa.” He steered me away from them, “You still alive?”

“You kidding? This is like epic; I actually get to dis the popsicles!”

“So you admit there is an up side to being my girlfriend?”

I pretended to think about it, “Maybe, but only that one.”

“You know, you really know how to smack a male ego.”

“I had practice,” I grinned.

~

“You look beautiful! Dell is going to be floored!” Sarah nodded her approval.

“You bought the dress, you forced me to sit under your inspection and make up, and you basically turned me into a huge brown haired Barbie doll. You’re just forgetting the sparkle.”

Joanna laughed while Sarah smacked me, “You don’t need the sparkle, and you’re already too bright for our eyes.”

“Maybe you guys should bring sunglasses; you think it might go well with your dresses?”

Sarah mock glared at me, “No, now hurry up! Dell’s going to be here soon!” She grabbed her earrings and slipped them on. “How do I look?”

“Beautiful dahling, I think you might have actually outshined me. I demand a rematch!”

Sarah stuck her tongue out before turning to Joanna, “You’re looking dazzling Jo.”

Joanna blushed shyly, “Thanks, you think that Matt will like it?”

“You’re beautiful and this I actually mean,” I promised her. Sarah gasped in outrage in the background causing everyone to collapse into giggles. We were laughing so hard, we didn’t hear the doorbell ring. It wasn’t until we heard my mom’s enthusiastic “You boys look so hot!” that we knew we had company. “You know, sometimes I think I’m the mother and she’s the teenage daughter,” I murmured as we headed downstairs.

“Give her a break, your father is a complete a-hole, telling her that she’s ugly and worthless then leaving her alone to deal with you. She needs a bit of romance in her life.”

“With teenage boys?”

“Maybe not with teenage boys, but those are the only guys that she is actually coming in contact with.”

I was going to reply, but Dell cut me short. “You look beautiful,” he smiled as he held his hand out to me.

I smiled slowly, “Thanks, you look quite dashing yourself.” I reached for my bag which I had left on the front table. Turning I caught a glimpse of my friends wrapped in the arms of their dates and my mom’s wide open stares, “Catch you guys later.” Blushing, they broke apart and laughed softly. “Come on.”

Dell led me to his car and opened the door for me before heading to the driver’s seat. “Ready?” he asked.

“To face the popsicles? Nope.”

“You should have more confidence in yourself,” he chided.

“I have enough,” I shot back.

“This will prove to be interesting,” he commented as he drove to the school. When we got there, Sarah and her boyfriend Nick were waiting for us in the parking lot. We parked and got out, “How did you get here so fast?” Dell asked.

“Nick ran 2 red lights,” Sarah stated proudly.

“You better be glad that most of the police people are at the dance making sure nobody is doing drugs or drinking,” I sighed. Sarah had definitely fallen in love with a bad boy.

“Come on, the night is young!” Sarah grabbed Nick’s hand and the two of them ran inside. I was about to follow when Dell stopped me.

“Hey, wait for a minute.”

“What? The sooner we get in do one dance, the sooner I can sneak out and go home.” He moved closer, “What are you doing?”

“This,” he bent down and gently kissed me. Shocked by his actions, I just stood there dumbly while he nibbled on my lips. I was so frozen that I didn’t notice the small prick in my skin until I lost my consciousness.

~

My head hurt like hell. I had no idea where I was. The last thing I remember Dell kissing me, then nothing after. Dell, twisting around I tried to catch sight of him. “At last you’re awake.” I started as Dell walked down the stairs.

“Dell what is going on? Why am I freaking tied up?”

“I like you Clara; you have a fire that I really admire. Actually I would like to see that for the next few centuries.”

“What?” He smiled, showing off his newly pointed fangs. “Nice teeth.”

“They’re as real as they come, want me to show you?”

“No, stay away from me you b*****d.”

“Well, being that I am 5 centuries old, my strength overpowers you by…a lot.”

“What did you inject me with?” I demanded.

“My blood, it knocks you out. Now in order to complete the transformation you just have to take my blood. Trust me, the action can feel very erotic.”

“Don’t touch me.”

“No can do. You’re mine. Once I change you, I’ll be your sire and you’ll be forever in my control.” Grinning widely, he advanced even closer until he was standing about an inch away from me. “Any last words?”

“Yeah, go to hell.”

“Honey, I’m already there.” Then he pounced and sank his teeth into my teeth. I refused to scream but I did struggle and tried to throw him off. My last thought before the darkness consumed me was, “How could I have been so stupid.”

 

 

© 2012 FallenSymphony


Author's Note

FallenSymphony
Little Short Story, kind of a spur of the moment writing.
Might be entering it in for Watty Awards 2012 (which is on Wattpad) so pls, give me all the criticism you can!! The final entries are due I think November...
Critique AWAY!! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Added on September 6, 2012
Last Updated on September 6, 2012
Tags: romance, death, vampire

Author

FallenSymphony
FallenSymphony

The Space between Imagination and Insanity



About
Bonjour mes amies! I'm not going to tell you my name, but you can call me Rivalie or Riv. Welcome to my profile!! So....random words that kinda describe me I guess: -Crazy -Insane -Music -Writi.. more..

Writing
The Past The Past

A Chapter by FallenSymphony