"The Balcony"

"The Balcony"

A Story by Angelos Rocos
"

This is a short story written in 2017. The photograph was taken back in 2014. This is a short story based on fictional characters and setting.

"
It is morning, Saturday the 4th of May 1917.  
The prince just awoke, the first sound coming straight into his breathing ear in this deafening silence, only the sound of the birds chirping and the mild air hitting the tree's leaves.  
Already gathering his senses, he lifted his head turning it to the right side. His wife, the princess was still sleeping, facing on the other side. He turned, seated on his side of the bed, he stood up, his feet still cramped from last night's sleep. He went to the windows of the bedroom's balcony, He opened the windows one each, a wave of sounds coming from the outside filling the room, razing every silence standing on its way.  
He walked outside to the balcony, the sun and the cool air already swallowing him whole.  
He took a big breath inhaling with his nostrils, the scent of nature and refreshing air, exhaling warm breath. 

© 2017 Angelos Rocos


Author's Note

Angelos Rocos
This is the 2nd Story, may have grammar mistakes. Please feel free to let me know on the comments section if you notice anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on April 22, 2017
Last Updated on April 24, 2017
Tags: story, old mansion, balcony, prince, ™ασι&lamb

Author

Angelos Rocos
Angelos Rocos

-, Athens, Greece



About
I like like film making and photography. I started gaining interest in writing from the moment I started reading books. I began reading books at the age of 17. Now I can't live without books!.. more..

Writing