The Thief's Prayer

The Thief's Prayer

A Poem by Armand D.


The thief sits silent at his bed within the temple. The rats run over his feet as he faces the altar of the goddess. Smiling toothlessly, the wretched, the ignorant and the insane stream into the sacred shrine to perform the early morning rituals. Penitents kneel before the idols mouthing the litanies of their offenses at breakneck speed while performing the symbolism of spiritual ablution before returning to the streets to commit the same offenses again and again.

© 2013 Armand D.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the outlook of this one... a thief in the event of it all... still has a level of dignity for whatever god that may be for his passion... yet his desire for the work does not fall short of the deed for which makes his craft a lifestyle...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah Armand, always a truthful perspective from you. The thief, the stealing of forgivenesses true meaning. It is ann offence in itself, to keep the cycle, the thief is sin and it is so tempting.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 27, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013
Tags: Thief, prayer, temple, rats, litany

Author

Armand D.
Armand D.

Ozone Park, NY



About
Born in Hollywood, California. Dad was a jazz musician and mom was a labor union organizer. Raised in New York's Lower East Side. Interests in music, art, literature, guitars, cars, animals, food and .. more..

Writing