Advancements

Advancements

A Story by A Social Corpse
"

Technology is great, but have we gone in the wrong direction?

"

We have phones that are better than some computers, but cancer still kills millions.

We have TV’s that are 3d in your home, but cars are still inefficient.

We have the ability to instantly communicate with others from around the world, but we still can’t put a man on mars.

We have bombs that can land on a doorknob from 300 miles away, but we don’t have a working system for homeless people.

We have jets that can travel faster than the speed of sound, but education is still lacking.

We have computers that can process data in milliseconds, but the global economy is still collapsing.

These are just some examples of how I think we are headed in the wrong direction. The advancements we have in technology are amazing, don’t get me wrong. However, what if we had put that money and knowledge to something else? What could we have discovered? The Amazon is one of the least discovered and analyzed places in the world, but we know that it could hold secrets there to cure most, if not all diseases. The education system around the world is lacking. People are getting dumber and dumber as the generations pass, but no one seems to care about that. I mean what if we put the money that goes into cell phones and tablets into cancer research, what if that money, time and research led to a cure. Would you rather have your I-phone or would you rather have no cancer? The answer should be obvious, so then why is it happening? Why aren’t more people saying, man we should have some serious advancements, but what we don’t. What gives?

Many people, however, want their entertainment. They want the high price phone that can do anything, they want the awesome TV, and they want all these ITEMS. They forget how screwed up our world is, they forget that there is so much we do not have. I don’t know, just some food for thought.

© 2012 A Social Corpse


Author's Note

A Social Corpse
Just something that was on my mind and I thought it would be nice to share some of my more random thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on November 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012
Tags: life, death, cancer, sad, happy, god, spiritual, technology, advancement

Author

A Social Corpse
A Social Corpse

Fort Polk, LA



About
I have been writing for about 12 years now. I have nothing published as I feel that my works are not up to par. So, to quench my thirst for an audience I am bringing them here in hopes of some adequat.. more..

Writing
Shell Shell

A Story by A Social Corpse