Missing

Missing

A Story by Aaron J. Wald
"

I'm pissed....

"

Once upon a time, in the make believe world of Writertopia, a wicked witch decided to steal all the little childrens imaginations and toys. This particular day was very windy and cold, so the witch decided it would be better to delete instead of steal. (it would be easier on her that way. her back was still aching from the constant change in story lines.) Her nose started to twitch, usually this only twice a year... but it seemed more common these days. She scratched her nose, rather picked it, and continued to delete the childrens imaginations.... cackling and singing the entire time. When it all was done... she died.

 

 

The end.

© 2008 Aaron J. Wald


Author's Note

Aaron J. Wald
I hope you all know what I'm refering to. If not... ask.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

With any story, it is the writer's responsibility to explain all of the facets of a character -- for this story, I mean the "Witch". You failed to show that, while the Witch may have seemed evil on the outside, the main character had emotions and took responsibility for her actions (rather than dying). We can all be like the witch at some time in our lives, but the most important part of the story is how we respond to it afterwards. Should we let our characters die after a tragic accident, or should we let our characters learn from it and move on? As writers, we can make that decision.

On the flip side, I like what appears to be a quickly written reaction to the recent deletions. I like the way you created a character to express your anger, and it was much more creative than some of the others who just ranted and "died" off the Cafe.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Once upon a time there was a horrible, tragic accident. The man who caused the accident stood, bravely, and said, "I did it. I'm sorry." Those perfect souls, who had never made mistakes in their perfect lives, began picking up stones and hurling them at this man.

Guess who won?

Keep in mind, when you throw stones, that not everyone is too scared to throw back. They might even be bigger, stronger, faster and have better weapons.

I prefer to make friends instead of cultivating enemies. I'm getting old that way.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Why write about decadence in the remembrance of those flaws that make Tellus' orb stagnant? I mean, emotional drives are often the pedal to be pushed for creative outbursts, but is hate really the greatest choice?

I don't know, maybe bitching is poetry to you....

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This... elch. I don't like this. I'm sorry, but I can't appreciate a piece so hateful over an accident. Sorry.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OK. I give up. What the heck are you referring to. ~:P
I don't know why, but I like u. You're random...randomly cool.
Love...,Dejasha :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

if their imaginations are gone why would they need toys?

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A bit of humour as well as sorrow injected into your reflection on the WC wipe-out [we romanticise it with names lol]. I hope the witch is completely fictional, as opposed to implying that someone deliberately deleted everything?
'The Missing' is a good title, says a lot - it's commonly used, which somehow makes it extra special here, because we know exactly what you're referring to.

"continued to delete the childrens imaginations" [children's]

Overall, interesting work.
Sorry you lost so much work. Was your epic poem re: Dante saved?

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wasn't here when this happened, but I sure would love to know what the hell happened. If someone purposefully did this, how unethical. I like how you changed this into a sort of fairy tale.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I just wrote They're Lost They're Gone from the same bitter churning fist smashing tearful awful screaming MFing place inside of me..... What a flippin waste - Missing is what they are are Missing is what I feel. You captured it maybe with a bit more whimsey but just as much sour.....

Thanks for spittin too.

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

Aaron J. Wald
Aaron J. Wald

Plymouth, MN



About
Does anyone else hate what writerscafe has done to it's layout? I mean....now my internet runs twice as slow on this site. I think I might close my account soon because writers cafe is turning into so.. more..

Writing
Flames Flames

A Poem by Aaron J. Wald



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


is it just me is it just me

A Poem by Rain