Spinning Needle

Spinning Needle

A Poem by Phantom Heart

 

When does a gift
Become a curse?
The water boils over
The thorns grow too thick
Is pain a god?
 
When does a little
Become too much?
The first step in a life
That shouldn’t be lived
Will it be your last?
 
When does the right road
Become a bad ending?
Choosing a direction on life’s compass
Follow the spinning needle
Will it take you where you want to go?

© 2009 Phantom Heart


Author's Note

Phantom Heart
I tried a different writting stlye with this one. If you leave a review, please mention if it: related to your life, if it gave you a feeling or if you thought it was sad or happy, or if you didn't get it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is extremely well written, but I think we all shouldnt follow a "compass" and just take ourselves wherever we want to go :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


To answer your requests...
a) I believe this relates to life in general. Who hasn't questioned their path, life, gifts? If you know of someone who has never questioned existence then I pity that person, as well as envy them. It is human nature to want what we can not have, to lust for something that can never be ours. It is also human nature to question- to be curious- to explore. Unfortunately... fortunately... some questions just can't be answered.

b) The feeling that I gained from this poem cannot be categorized as being a feeling of sadness or happiness. This idea, and these questions, aren't really new to me. I merely adknowledged the ideas you put forth with intellect.

All in all, well written!

Posted 14 Years Ago


There are times when we look back and realize that this could be different "if only".....yet, this wondering is done with knowledge that we did not have at the time of this choice. Yes there are times when a choice seems like the right one at the time....and can lead to bad endings. Yet - that does not make it a bad choice at the time of the choice.....life's compass is fickle at best. That needle spins chaotically it seems at times - one cannot hope to follow it down all the paths it points. We can only make the best choices, with whatever knowledge we have at that given moment, and hope that the needle stops spinning at least for awhile.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very well said and put. Like this and how you point is a little different than then usual.
I get it and it relates to my life really wondering which way to go in life. Well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2009
Last Updated on June 7, 2009

Author

Phantom Heart
Phantom Heart

Coal City, IL



About
I really would like to become a better writer in order to express myself clearly. I am looking for lots of constructive criticism. I haven�t had anyone teach me how to write, so I have jus.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..