I Broke My Promise.

I Broke My Promise.

A Poem by Abeer Tarek

  



I Broke My Promise.


      "After you broke down my walls, after you made every shield crumble and after you made me fall in love; I was scared, hell, I was terrified, I was intimidated that you'd leave me, even though you promised. You claimed to be different, you claimed that I could trust you, but that was the greatest lie my love. I gave you my heart and soul, I would have given you my brain too, but I thank Lord I did not baby boy, I thank Lord that there was a tiny part of my being that could think, a tiny part that wasn't blinded by your filthy lies, or shall I say a tiny part that wasn't blinded by love. Remember when I told you that you made my walls crumble and you could blow them away like ashes? I was lying...you made every part of my fragile self crumble not only my walls, you made every part of myself scatter away by the soft wind, except my brain lover boy, and for that I am grateful. I was terrified that you'd leave me, but I never in a million years would've thought that I am the one that would be leaving, but I have also never thought that love would taste so sour, so bitter, I never thought it would burn my lips like pure acid every time I drank it; I guess I was supposed to get used to it, but I didn't. I kept it all in for as long as I can remember and then at one second I remembered exploding, my gut was drowned in acid and my lips were on fire. You did promise to not leave me and you kept that promise, but you did something worse, you made me hate you, you took me for granted because I promised you the same, you controlled every inch of me, and I am the one who broke the promise, I apologize, but I was burning alive, babe." 

© 2015 Abeer Tarek


Author's Note

Abeer Tarek
Please leave me your feedback and reviews I would love to know your opinion!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i really like this. the use of emotion is perfect. i can relate to hurting because of things that people do. i love that you could take your pain and turn it into words. instead of doing something tragic that you would regret, you mad your pain into something that people can enjoy

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abeer Tarek

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your comment! I write for people to relate so thanks! I hope you did enjoy



Reviews

Great Read! Loved how you framed it! Feeling that suffocation of being in love brilliantly expressed through your powerful words.. And nobody expects you to stay when that feeling kicks in!
Also liked how you wrote about your brain which was the only part not blinded by love.. ;)
And you've wrote my love,babe,lover boy at the end of most of the lines..I assume that is to express your love for him even after all he did! (If it isn't,Apologies for interpreting it wrong.. ) ;)
Excellently Penned!
Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to read more of your works in the near future! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


'There is a saying ' when the light of reality strikes any relationship, the first thing that flies out the window is love'. Every relation needs a reality check before the long run. And compatibility.'Not so much as a feel good poem, rather a 'real' poem. Good read

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abeer Tarek

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your kind words sir!
 Paul

8 Years Ago

You are welcome miss
I apologize, but I was burning alive, babe....

Your last line really defines the way you love someone. It was an amazing read & the title is really perfect "I Broke My Promise."

Posted 8 Years Ago


Awwww! Beautiful.....I can feel the drops of emotional rain from this poetry....You are awesome my frnd....This is full of truth my frnd....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abeer Tarek

8 Years Ago

That means a lot thank you!
wow really great poem and descriptions
I cant even pick a favourite line i like it all :)!


Posted 8 Years Ago


Abeer Tarek

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
The picture really pairs well with the poem...
We take too much responsibility when we should forgive ourselves. Then others never assume any...
I read tears mixed with the rain smeared glass of youthful despair.
I enjoyed your write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abeer Tarek

8 Years Ago

thank you so much! :)
Wow. I love this too. This is very sad but hopeful. You do a great job of making the reader feel what you were feeling. Great job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


i really like this. the use of emotion is perfect. i can relate to hurting because of things that people do. i love that you could take your pain and turn it into words. instead of doing something tragic that you would regret, you mad your pain into something that people can enjoy

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abeer Tarek

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your comment! I write for people to relate so thanks! I hope you did enjoy
wow great job !!! you are really talented !!!! keep it up
a very well planned poetry !!!!100% ratings from me as always !!!
hi!!!! you got yourself a regular reader !!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abeer Tarek

8 Years Ago

Again thanks! I have a book that's kind of similar to this if you want to check it out just not all .. read more
zunie frost

8 Years Ago

welcome !!!! i'll remember to check that !!!! as soon as i got time
An very eloquent look at breakup and heart filled emotions on display. Your wording was on target to stroke my inner strings. Well done!!!

~Rob~

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2015
Last Updated on December 25, 2015
Tags: her, romance, broken, heart, love, memories, sadness, promise

Author

Abeer Tarek
Abeer Tarek

Cairo, New Cairo, Egypt



About
I am a seventeen year old poet/writer, I have been writing since a very long time and this is what I enjoy the most, I am a non-native English speaker yet I enjoy writing in English more than my own l.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Depression. Depression.

A Chapter by Abeer Tarek


Dessert Dessert

A Poem by Sarah