SubZero: The Ice Trekker

SubZero: The Ice Trekker

A Story by Abishai100
"

SubZero the mystical ice-shooting nomadic warrior from the Mortal Kombat realm ascends to Earth and finds the polar ice-caps on our planet melting and possibly creating global-warming(!).

"
SubZero (ice-warrior) met with his ancient rival Raiden (lightning-warrior) and wanted to talk to him about future plans now that the incredible Mortal Kombat tournament was completed, cementing Raiden as master survivalist and SubZero as ace-of-fitness. SubZero wanted to ask Raiden if he should ascend to Earth and observe the activities of mankind(!). Their conversation was quite interesting!

RAIDEN: You come to me for counsel...
SUBZERO: Shoukd I ascend to Earth to observe life?
RAIDEN: Now that the Kombat tourney is over, you're free to roam.
SUBZERO: Well, I'm curious about global-warming(!).
RAIDEN: You should then investigate man's progress...
SUBZERO: Post-war meditation breeds vitality curiosity!
RAIDEN: You might visit the Earth Sciences department at Yale University.
SUBZERO: Yes, the academic approach to eco-IQ can be 'peace-psychiatric.'

So, after SubZero conferred with his Mortal Kombat rival-warrior Raiden, having both profited from the Mortal Kombat tournament, SubZero accepted Raiden's advice and decided to ascend to Earth and make a trek to the Earth Sciences and Environmental Studies department at the prestigious Ivy League school, Yale University. SubZero disguised himself as a traveling journalist learning about academic approaches to global-warming analysis. He sat in during an important eco-symposium at Yale sponsored/organized by the Earth/Environmental Science department(!).

SUBZERO: "I'm fascinated by this schiool's progressive approach to eco-analysis and global-warming evaluation. However, I remain wary that mankind has not yet studied sufficiently the real everyday consequences of civilization activities that contest Planet Earth with smoke-and-toxin fuming machinery. Perhaps Yale students/faculty can assess why and how organizations can benefit from politically oriented eco-initiatives and from pro-network eco-activism resources such as the celebrity-managed Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation(!)."

The students at Yale appreciated SubZero's idealistic commentary, but the Yale faculty remained pensive about the real scope of network driven organizations such as the DiCaprio Foundation! Nevertheless, SubZero decided he'd been stimulated by mankind's intellectual evaluations of global-warming. SubZero decided now to trek to the polar regions on Earth to get some firsthand observations of scientific claims that the ice-caps were melting because of global-warming(!). When SubZero arrived at the polar region, he used his uncanny ice-telepathy to measure actual real-time overly-rapid deep-layer ice-motions caused by apparently unnatural melting.

SubZero left Earth and revisited his now-friend Raiden to report that academic institutions and society organizations on Earth were studying global-warming energetically and measuring the impact of manmade pollution on Mother Nature. Raiden recommended SubZero gift some ice-sculptures to Yale, to encourage students/faculty to think imaginatively about the 'beauty' of natural structures(!). SubZero agreed that nature-mediation could catalyze vital forms of eco-repentance. SubZero began to think about the different 'rays of life' emerging out of his newfound post-combat 'life of prayer.' He even began thinking about converting to Christianity (but that's a different story!).



TO BE CONTINUED...

© 2019 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on July 27, 2019
Last Updated on July 27, 2019
Tags: Mortal Kombat, Global-Warming, Fantasy, SubZero

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing