Belfast Brigadeer

Belfast Brigadeer

A Story by Abishai100
"

A passionate soldier in the Belfast IRA struggles to make the arguably under-represented cause of Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland more descriptive.

"
I couldn't stop writing without a proper ode to a political concern of great value to humanity --- the weary troubles between British Protestants and Irish Catholics in Belfast.



====

Tom Collins, son of John Collins, grew up in the very troubled area of Belfast (Northern Ireland) and became a soldier of the new IRA (Irish Republican Army). He saw his father work hard as a neighborhood pastor and writer as an Irish Catholic. Tom's devout father John experienced harassment and ostracism from local rough-necked British Protestants. When John was shot and killed by a rough Black-and-Tan guard, Tom vowed to achieve vengeance in the name of his priestly father.

Tom grew up with an admiration of the Irish writer James Joyce and began to daydream of the day when the IRA would be more officially canonized in human song and writing as desperate freedom-fighters. Tom Collins joined the IRA Brigade in Belfast at the age of 20 and rose in ranks to become a prominent and effective mission-commander of the IRA and was a new associate of Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams.

Tom became an excellent marksman and rooftop shooter for kamikaze Brigade missions involving the targeting and execution of controversially stationed Black-and-Tan guardsmen positioned by questionable ad-how policies invented by the British Parliament which Sinn Fein considered highly-biased. Tom Collins executed over 20 British street-enforcers, 3 corrupt members of Parliament stationed in Belfast, and numerous British Protestant loyalists supporting alienating policies towards Irish Catholics living in Belfast.

Tom Collins was knowledgeable about the fact that the Irish had struggled for years to end British rule in Ireland but had failed to obtain Northern Ireland as a sovereign Catholic territory. Since there were enough British Protestants living in Belfast to argue for continued British rule, Parliament did not look too keenly upon Irish Catholic demands for greater political recognition in Northern Ireland. Tom's division of the new IRA was devoted to the routing of such Belfast cobwebs. Tom Collins became the new face of the street-vitality of the Irish Republican Army.

"What I do for Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland I do in the name of my father John Collins! I serve the IRA as a regular friend, advocate, guardian, and commander. My goal is to tell the world and the American press that Parliament's unwise policies towards Catholics and Protestants co-existing in Northern Ireland (Belfast) will only add more troublesome flames to the already hellish fire of political alienation. My hope is that the worries of the IRA (and Sinn Fein!) will reach the ears of the United Nations and lead to a better crystallization of modern sociopolitical dilemmas." -Tom Collins (IRA Journal)

====

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God" (Matthew 5)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on January 31, 2020
Last Updated on January 31, 2020
Tags: IRA, Democracy

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Devil's One Devil's One

A Story by Abishai100