The Lone Lantern

The Lone Lantern

A Story by Abishai100
"

A wandering knight during the 21st Century apocalypse tries to take account of the gravity of global species degradation by offering his motivated crusade for clear human endurance!

"
Amidst this eerie worldwide Coronavirus shock, I didn't want to abandon my good friends on WritersCafe and felt inspired to return again for an Apocalypse story about trying to wrought human valor in times of seemingly utter species darkness!

Thanks so much for reading (signing off),



====

A major chunk of the world population was seriously threatened by an apocalyptic plague which spread across the Earth amidst the frightening World War between America and China! This plague was named the Silent Spore (SS), since it invaded human skin cells through the air and created fatal spores on the arms and legs that dehydrated the body, sucking all water and nutrients into its bubble-heads and condensing everything into a burning puss. Over 60 million people were afflicted by SS and the American President humbly admitted there was nothing that could really be done to quash the devastating outbreak. Meanwhile, nuclear war still raged between First World powers America and China.

An ex-American army soldier, a real patriot named Ethan Hunt, decided to trek across the USA on his motorbike, carrying two advanced US military laser-targeted rifles which he called his babies of hell. Ethan knew amidst this crazy World War and horrifying biological plague that everyday people would be wandering the country as scavengers and madmen, so Ethan decided to trek on a spiritual mission to take account of this modern Earth freak-show while perhaps hopefully encouraging people not to become daredevils! Ethan had become like Marvel Comics' Punisher (Frank Castle), a man intent on using combat skills and gunfire to create tangible senses of civil law.

However, this plague, SS, and the tied World War between America and China would not be easily subsided by the vigilance patrol of a single priestly ghost-trekker such as Ethan Hunt! No sir, this brand of Apocalypse required every human being to seriously ponder the possibility that the human species was becoming extinct and being erased from the Earth just as the Jurassic Era dinosaurs were by the crashing radioactive asteroid that landed somewhere in Mexico so many centuries ago! No, this Apocalypse compelled the people of America and everyone around the world to finally take stock of its civilization excesses and take hold of the now conceivable imagination that humanity was forever passing into history.

ETHAN HUNT: "If we don't survive this nightmarish spectacle of an Apocalypse, my earnest hope is that we'll be able to get a serious social/mental grip on the obvious impact of failed civilization health! Humanity made grave errors, and we want to be remembered for things like Disney World and the Salvation Army! We mustn't compromise our order and original daydream of a peaceful natural world even if we fail to survive this complete species dehydration! Then, we'd at the very least be able to say we inhabited this planet to take account of the scope of globalized pity."

====

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on March 17, 2020
Last Updated on March 17, 2020
Tags: Apocalypse

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing