Se7en (Movie Fan-Fiction)

Se7en (Movie Fan-Fiction)

A Story by Abishai100
"

A veteran detective wonders if his rookie partner has what it takes to deal with a case involving an apocalyptic pair of criminals terrorizing the imagination of NYC during the Coronavirus pandemic!

"
Here's a Coronavirus prayer, before I resign, inspired by David Fincher's "Se7en" [1995] that asks us to evaluate the quality of sin in times of great uncertainty. You guys have been so patient with me, and I'm lucky to be able to sign off with a fan-fic of one of my favorite film-makers in recent times! Stay safe all during the Coronavirus madness!



====

Detective Somerset reluctantly agreed to take under his wing the rookie detective Mills in a NYC teeming with angst and troubled by the Coronavirus pandemic which wasn't necessarily detracting people from crime and social control. Mills was a headstrong young man with a need to prove himself, but a new criminal menace rose to prominence in NYC, compelling the veteran detective Somerset to wonder if Mills was read your for the trials. This new menace was a deranged husband-and-wife who went by the names Joker and Harlequin. These two criminals were caging NYPD officers afflicted by the Coronavirus and video-taping them giving confessions about the yearning to be instantly killed rather than being tickled to death!

Joker and Harlequin were out to prove that modern New York was not safe from the imagination of Hell just because it was humbled socially by the Coronavirus. They wanted NYPD officers to feel forced to talk about the necessity of quick death as an alternative to a slow process of psychological torture, even as the city struggled to cope with ways to endure the Coronavirus. New York veteran detective Somerset wondered if the headstrong rookie detective Mills was too darn green to tackle Joker and Harlequin. If this bizarre case could come to any kind of satisfying spiritual closure, Somerset and Mills would have to be able to balance plague fears with criminal darkness.

Mills theorized that Joker and Harlequin sought to test the patience and faith of New Yorkers by creating a horrible penitence cage during the Coronavirus pandemic. If he was right, he'd have to find clues about why the two apocalyptic maniacs sought to persecute people for basic cardinal sins, or the seven deadly sins, during the time of plague fears. Perhaps Detective Somerset was right in concluding that this was the sort of modern case requiring serious doses of metaphysical mettle. Would rookie Mills behave like King David or the malexemplary Job? New York awaited the right answers.

====


"Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light" (John Milton)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on March 30, 2020
Last Updated on March 30, 2020
Tags: David Fincher

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing