Coronavirus Crusader

Coronavirus Crusader

A Story by Abishai100
"

An idealistic writer uses the Internet to address humanity's focus on destiny in this time of Coronavirus pandemic dreariness!

"
Here's one more Coronavirus prayer-vignette inspired by the film Invasion of the Body Snatchers, which I couldn't resist sharing with my friends on WritersCafe. Stay safe all (and thanks for reading!),
++++
====

"Isaac Castle was a crusader during the global Coronavirus pandemic in 2020 and believed the terrible plague was created in a laboratory by the U.S. government with the assistance of some kind of alien intelligence who sought to use mankind and Earth to devise some kind of survival project. Isaac Castle was an Ivy League graduate (Dartmouth College) who believed in sci-fi storytelling in times of apocalyptic crisis and was a fan of the X-Files (Chris Carter) paranoia-story comic book series. Isaac Castle wondered how he'd serve humanity in the age of the Internet as a real knight during the Coronavirus socialization deformity!"



"Isaac decided to create a metal armor Iron Man comic book series on the Internet, using the iconic avatar to talk about invincibility fears during the global pandemic. He wanted Iron Man to represent man's fall from grace and virtue and how the plague reflected the modern age failure to balance globalized consumerism and traffic with lifestyle temperance. Iron Man became a great online social paranoia dialogue avatar during the Earth quarantine."



"Isaac read the Bible and noted in passages in Genesis how depictions of Eve, the first woman, presented the human female as something of a spiritual guide and confidante who then was led along with Adam, her husband, towards forms of strange and alien experimentation! Isaac compared this characterization of Eve as susceptible to metaphysical boredom with modern comic book stories, mostly sci-fi apocalyptic in theme, presenting ideas about American women confronting the reality of 21st Century consumerism related infertility sarcasm (e.g., MTV!)."



"Basically, Isaac was using comic book art to characterize the Coronavirus pandemic as a sign of modern (21st Century) civilization fears regarding the mass streamlining of traffic mismanagement and lifestyle disorders. He wanted to compare the disease to the Great Depression or to WWII and therefore wondered if the plague was intentionally created by the government or some alien intelligence (or both!) to challenge mankind to really face traffic reorganization."



"The Coronavirus pandemic was no joke. In just one week in late March of 2020, the number of infected cases rose from 300K to 1.6M and the number of deaths from 12K to 70K. Statistics suggested that if this sort of outbreak was not managed properly, there could potentially be over 20M cases and over 2M deaths in just one year! Isaac Castle didn't want to make light of this catastrophe, so he created sci-fi themed comic book stories on the Internet during the great Earth quarantine, when more and more people were working and studying online from home and avoiding social contact, which presented images and ideas about terrible mass bubbling and even spores."



"It was indeed true that if the world did not rally to contain the pandemic and manage the quarantine requirements properly, the major cities of the world would be reduced to ghost-towns of eerie abandoned hope or malaise! This was a real challenge, so there needed to be serious forms of teamwork and focused idealism."



"Isaac Castle decided to present in one of this sci-fi comic book stories on the Internet a careful blueprint of a nuclear helicopter design meant to signify modern civilization investments in indulgent technologies designed to cater to man's juvenile fascination with complete social control or military dogma. This blueprint represented humanity's sense of destiny."



"Isaac then started using Planet of the Apes (Pierre Boulle) storyboards and characters --- such as the great intelligent ape-leader Cornelius --- to talk about apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic sci-fi ideas about mankind coming to terms with strange forms of depressing failure."



"Isaac wrote in his stories that mankind had lost its grip on the old ways of romanticized friendship and networks. There was no more knight folklore and instead we saw all kinds of indulgences and bravado and convenience oriented urban speed! Isaac talked about the Earth potentially becoming host to a new race of dogmatic monkeys rather than divine humans!"



"Would the Coronavirus alter humanity's self-esteem or image of itself? Would more sci-fi stories about Earth becoming ruled by intelligent monkeys/apes who subverted mankind for its failure to harness the potential life on the planet rise to prominence? Was mankind destined to brood about danger?"



"Fortunately, world leaders were trying to address these new age fears and concerns by sending messages on the Internet about the interest in organized democracy!"



"Meanwhile, rescue vehicles and medical transport organizations were rallying resources to make cities ravaged by the Coronavirus at least feel like hope was somehow due."



"Isaac began working with a media figure on the Internet to create online blogs about the value of sustainable living and learning how to shop efficiently and stock up on resources to reduce the need to go outside and observe quarantine recommendations spoken by governments. These liberal blogs were meant to convey the notion that modern men were interested in respecting the needs of mass dilemma!"



"The last thing people needed to deal with now is widespread panic or looting and crime or terrorism in this time of global fear caused by the Coronavirus. Isaac Castle created an Iron Man online comic which talked about kids playing conservatively with water-guns in their backyards for shorter periods of time before returning to their homes for quarantine time and reflecting on the modern human focus on the simple heroism of shared duty."



"Isaac started relaxing about his more radical and fancy ideas about the Coronavirus being synthetically created in a lab by the government or planted by an alien intelligence and began considering ways to use sci-fi comic book stories on the Internet to spread ideas about human magic in a time when the Internet kept people connected during the frustrating quarantine. This was a mission to defeat a terrible phenomenal creature!"



ISAAC: "I doubt the Coronavirus will reach the proportions of the Black Death in Europe, but it will certainly succeed in reminding our species that our greatest gift is the ability to see daylight in times of great depression! Perhaps we need more heroes and avatars like Iron Man and Cornelius to remind us that survival is both designed and democratic. Thankfully, the Internet is keeping us connected globally and informed while scientists work to manage this plague deformity."

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on April 7, 2020
Last Updated on April 7, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles Bends Arles Bends

A Story by Abishai100