The Robots of the Plague

The Robots of the Plague

A Story by Abishai100
"

A group of A.I. robots land on Earth to negotiate differing strategies to guide human civilization towards dissection of the Coronavirus pandemic in the year 2020.

"
Alright, one more Coronavirus prayer-vignette inspired by the film The Andromeda Strain. Thanks for reading (signing off),
====

Two robots from the planet Cybertron named Cyclonus and Agus landed on Earth during the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic. Cyclonus and Agus were opposites but brothers and came with a female robot named Greenlight and began observing human activity during the global pandemic on Earth from Earth's moon. Cyclonus and Agus were taking notes and evaluating why humans were so different from them.



Greenlight, their female companion, explained that human civilization was rallying resources to make work and study from home viable and sustainable during the quarantine necessary for Coronavirus containment. Greenlight transformed into a land-vehicle on the moon and began scouring for clues regarding humans' visit to the moon and if there were signs of civilization plans. Greenlight was more idealistic than her male counterparts, Cyclonus and Agus.



However, two antagonistic robots also arrived in Earth's solar system and landed on Venus and were spying on human civilization from there. The first of these antagonists was the giant insect-like robot named Scorponok who believed the Coronavirus would rob humanity of its idealism towards teamwork.



The second robot was sexy female antagonist named Arcee, Scorponok's companion, who believed the quarantine would not be sustainable, given humans' predilection for cheap thrills. Arcee confirmed Scorponok's belief that human civilization was too primitive.



Agus and Cyclonus detected the presence of Scorponok and Arcee and decided to land on Earth shape-shifted as two modern-day businessmen in Italy named Paolo and Marco. Greenlight transformed into their female business partner named Jennifer.



As Paolo and Marco created Internet discussions about the use of cyber-resources for supplies collection and communications and studies and commerce, Jennifer appeared in medical panels and conferences talking about the reliability of medical information and disclosure on the Internet.



Scorponok and Arcee detected these activities by Cyclonus (Paolo), Agus (Marco), and Greenlight (Jennifer) and decided to themselves land on Earth shape-shifted into the human priest and priestess James and Nicole. James posed as a Jesuit trying to warn humans of the coming of the AntiChrist.



Nicole (Arcee) meanwhile went to the science research group A.I. Robotics to evaluate measures to make robot technologies useful for the quarantine time during the Coronavirus pandemic, urging nations to consider how technology sophistication was the response to computerized quarantine conveniences.



This wasn't like WWII (1939-1945), when images of 'Rosie the Riveter' appeared all over American society as a symbol of social defiance to the depression caused by the global war. No, this time, humanity needed to keep faith in the dissemination of information and the sustainability of commerce with cyber-tech in this quarantine and pandemic experience. Rosie the Riveter needed to be replaced by some kind of Golem of intelligence.



As Paolo (Cyclonus) and Marco (Agus) worked with Internet chat-groups during the quarantine, and Jennifer (Greenlight) worked with medical communities to talk about information disclosure on the Internet, Scorponok (James) and Arcee (Nicole) continued to use images of social sophistication to argue that Coronavirus paranoia needed to be coordinated with basic human desire. Who was right?



Finally, Agus, Cyclonus, and Greenlight decided to forward their position by posting an image of a traditional Native-American doll on the Internet and named the doll Destiny. This doll signified a human conscious focus on the quality of democracy during times of global despair. This doll would be used for directed divinity dialogue.



After the five robots (Agus, Cyclonus, Greenlight, Scorponok, Arcee) departed from Earth, they all remembered the shared interest in seeing how human civilization would see its way through the social madness and fears created by the global Coronavirus pandemic. Over 2 million people were infected by April of 2020 and the death toll was scaling high too. The World Health Organization continued to work with local and federal medical groups and communities. The overall assertion was that this pandemic would not squash the basic human will to maintain direction.

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on April 11, 2020
Last Updated on April 11, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles-Rook Arles-Rook

A Story by Abishai100