Quarantine: Alien

Quarantine: Alien

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two smart female M.I.T. students spend quality quarantine time during the Coronavirus pandemic playing an exciting alien video-game which sends them on a special drug-free journey!

"
Here's a spiritually thrilling Coronavirus 'quarantine parable' inspired by and referencing the thrilling space-survival new age video-game Alien: Isolation, which many agree is a perfect modernism symbol of daydreams. I hope you like this little yarn. God bless,
++++
====
"Two computer nerds in America were watching the news and looking at political cartoons about Coronavirus paranoia in 2020 on the Internet. These two nerds were looking at the mass perspectives on plague endurance while under quarantine themselves and liberally used media and TV and Internet and YouTube to engage with the tech-interface during the global quarantine experience. This was truly a 'modern' story."

"The two nerds in our story are Chinese-American mulattoes named Amy and Eunice. They're sisters and best friends. They're math geniuses who were otherwise attending M.I.T. and majoring in number theory. However, now Amy and Eunice were grounded, under quarantine in America, and looking at modern media to look at Coronavirus activity to substitute for their lack of access to campus math resources and normal education. They had to invent their own virtual daydreams now under quarantine."

"Well, Amy and Eunice decided to purchase a Microsoft Xbox video-game system on Amazon and had it express-mailed to their home in New England. Once the video-game system arrived, Amy and Eunice opened up the impressive avant-garde 'toy' and set it up on their vintage Hitachi plasma-HDTV and started playing various video-games on it to test its reliability. They wanted to use video-games to hone their hand-eye coordination and interest in graphic-interface mental reflexes. After all, they couldn't attend regular analytics courses at M.I.T. since everything was quarantine controlled. The Xbox became Amy and Eunice's new grail."

"Amy and Eunice thought long and hard before settling on one singular game to focus their entire quarantine-time media stimulation education and indoor environmental 'synesthesia' experience. They chose Alien: Isolation, a fantasy-combat sci-fi horror themed game inspired by the series of Alien sci-fi horror films, notably the recent ones Prometheus and Covenant." 

"Amy and Eunice had already seen Prometheus and Covenant on Netflix and YouTube, respectively, and were big fans of the new age additions to the iconic and popular sci-fi horror-film franchise. They knew the video-game they purchased would complement their overall love of the sci-fi horror-film series and how the stories about human space-explorers engaging with the terrifying insect-dragon like intelligent alien creatures known as 'Xenomorphs' would complement their indoor quarantine-time media education about 'visceral' daydreams!"

"Video-games were all the rave in the new era. They were the new toys. Kids loved them and even adults admitted they were stunning to look at or even try to play as amateurs. Video-games offered stunning graphic interfaces and incredible storybook adventures and awesome lands and realms to explore and conquer and strange and evil villains to destroy and weird invaders to attack. Video-games represented humanity's interest in re-presenting space synesthesia with images and environment stimuli about basic and complete body and mind control."

"Well, Amy and Eunice were enjoying their Alien: Isolation sci-fi horror video-game on their Xbox thoroughly and played it for hours on end every week. Suddenly, their quarantine experience was all the more visceral and even addictive! They were having so much fun and feeling mentally stimulated about the imagery regarding alien intelligence and space survival in the game that they both began to daydream about making contact with real aliens! Then, one day, while Amy and Eunice were playing with a new enhancement accessory for their Xbox which arrived in the mail, they touched the crystal interface accessory and were suddenly transported into the dimension of the Alien: Isolation video-game!"

"Amy and Eunice realized they were suddenly and inexplicably transported inside the video-game itself! They had become two prominent female characters in the Alien: Isolation game itself. They had to think quickly and reasoned that they should simply try to survive this bizarre and wondrous 'journey' and tried to procure the right weapons when they'd eventually face the Xenomorph alien creatures as daring human space-explorer women."

"Amy and Eunice wondered why or how this miraculous dimension transportation could have happened or how the hell they ended up inside a Xbox video-game. However, they had little time to entreat this natural curiosity, since they were now more naturally curious and worried about what it would mean if they now made actual contact with a Xenomorph alien creature while inside the video-game itself! They prepared themselves creatively."

"Amy and Eunice found two nifty laser hand-guns as well as larger guns in the virtual Weyland-Yutani spaceship while inside the Alien: Isolation video-game. They put these weapons in their duffel-bags and strapped some onto their bodies using a leather belt and hooks. They were now roaming around the spaceship Sulaco in the video-game as armed 'characters' forced to play a role in the video-game story they found themselves wed to...perhaps forever."

"Amy and Eunice wandered around the Sulaco spaceship with their guns and goggles and looked for any menacing Xenomorph alien creatures. Finally, they spotted one and decided to duck into a section of the spaceship's ventilator ramps where they could just poke out their heads and hands to fire their weapons at the ominous alien."
"They managed to kill that evil alien and then made it out to a landing-dock for a short time where they were met by two military men sent by Peter Weyland of the Weyland-Yutani space-exploration company from Earth. These two military men informed Amy and Eunice they'd help them deal with the Xenomorphs, regardless of their number or design. This was a tremendous relief."

"As Amy and Eunice worked with the Weyland military men to roam around the Sulaco and attempt to destroy any prowling Xenomorph alien running around or laying eggs to reproduce in number and potency, the two M.I.T. students wondered if this virtual nightmare, as bizarre as it seemed, would remind them that surviving the Coronavirus pandemic was somehow a human experience of real modern 'destiny' proportions."

"Amy and Eunice had played Alien: Isolation for hours on their new handy-dandy Xbox before being magically transported somehow inside the video-game itself. They were well-versed in the ins-and-outs of roaming around the technologically dizzying labyrinths of the Sulaco spaceship and conserving energy and organizing strength meters to deal with the Xenomorph alien creatures that were most likely predatory and seeking to change life itself!"

"Well, Amy and Eunice decided to rally their courage and used their awesome guns to just continued to roam around the Sulaco, sometimes with the escorting support of the Weyland military men, to just shoot the hell out of those evil Xenomorphs. They remembered the countless hours they played Alien: Isolation on their Xbox while in the normal 'real' world under Coronavirus quarantine and used that 'training' to focus on what was required to just daylight the aliens."

"During one sequence of their unbelievable experience, Amy and Eunice watched as Weyland military-men used a rapid-fire big machine-gun to blast away at two Xenomorph drone aliens, dicing them into a state of dead pulp. This was some adventure."

"After roaming around the Sulaco for about 6 more long and bloody hours, during which Amy and Eunice both suffered lacerations and bullet-scrapes across their knees and arms, the two Chinese-American M.I.T. students were suddenly transported back into 'Earth realm' and were relieved the entire 'adventure' may have been simply some kind of Coronavirus quarantine-time dreamscape. They decided to watch the movie Covenant on YouTube and reflect on their incredible dream-caught alien experience!"

"Did Amy and Eunice really go inside the video-game and find themselves dealing with actual Xenomorph aliens in the virtual spaceship the Sulaco? Did the Coronavirus quarantine experience make these two ambitious Chinese-American M.I.T. women simply too escapist to feel satisfied just playing games at home to feel safe from the global pandemic? Amy and Eunice decided to make portraits of the Xenomorph aliens to recount their truly descriptive daydream."

"The following week, Amy and Eunice decided to purchase some pretty fancy cyber-security enhancements for their home Internet-TV media toys. This made the two smart M.I.T. students feel like their quarantine experience during the Coronavirus would feel much more...divine."

"Amy and Eunice also decided to purchase a pair of vintage Seiko digital wristwatches on eBay and wore them proudly during their Coronavirus quarantine experience, reflecting on how modern technology had offered them a real stimulation regarding indoor depth."

AMY: Do you think we were actually 'inside' the video-game, sister?
EUNICE: Anything is possible!
AMY: Well, I doubt anyone will believe us, sister.
EUNICE: Anything is possible!
AMY: I wonder what the hell those Xenomorphs really want.
EUNICE: Death...and life.
AMY: Well, this Coronavirus quarantine will make us think about tech-evolution.
EUNICE: Media keeps the world connected and running during quarantine.
AMY: The death toll continues to rise, sister.
EUNICE: Many more will die, sister.
AMY: Perhaps we'll make it back to school someday, in that outside world.
EUNICE: Anything is possible!
AMY: Alien: Isolation is the best thing we purchased...since the Macintosh.
EUNICE: True.
====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on April 14, 2020
Last Updated on April 14, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Town-Beryl Town-Beryl

A Story by Abishai100