Aeneas & Racso: Little India (Saree Contest)

Aeneas & Racso: Little India (Saree Contest)

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two online saree merchants compete to see who can make their business during the global quarantine more representative of shared democracy!

"
Here's a quarantine-time capitalism fable (last one I promise!) inspired by the film Back to School! Thanks so much for reading (signing off),
++++
====

Amlan Bachan was an online merchant and designer of Indian sarees and began selling them through his customer networks and contacts made in Little India. Amlan was selling his sarees online during the terrible global Coronavirus quarantine in the year 2020. Amlan's online saree store gave consumers a feeling of great lifestyle amenities during the quarantine tribulation. Amlan called his online Indian saree store the Calcutta Circle (CC). Amlan became known as an online capitalism knight!



Amlan's main competitor and rival was a Bombay-born gypsy Indian merchant and Indian saree designer named Feroz Gavaskar (FG). Amlan knew FG would also try to make an online Indian saree merchant's business to deliver fine-quality consumerism and lifestyle products from India to consumers around the world enduring the global Coronavirus quarantine. FG called is own online Indian saree business the Destiny Saree. While Amlan's CC company became popular in America, FG's Destiny Saree company became popular in Europe. FG became Amlan's ultimate capitalist rival.



A savvy British airline pilot named Leo Ivory noticed the successes of the CC and Destiny Saree companies and decided to help both businessmen market their online endeavor during the global Coronavirus quarantine. Leo decided to use his airline connections to market to travel companies stifled during the global quarantine the notion that quarantined consumers could purchase fine-quality Indian sarees from Amlan and FG's online companies and wear these sarees at home for weekly festive spiritual and ideological dinners to give thanks for surviving the Coronavirus. Leo quickly managed to make the saree businesses of Amlan and FG into a new Coronavirus home-life fashion ritual. Leo was now on the cover of Forbes Magazine.



Of course, the success of Little India as a commercial area of ethnic character was now completely limited because of the global Coronavirus quarantine. That's why Leo recommended to Amlan and FG that they add a little 'online spice' to their Internet business profiles. So, Amlan and FG decided to don two special folk-avatars as their capitalism aliases. Amlan called himself 'Racso' from an iconic American folk-novel about a wily and radical intelligent talking rodent named Racso who ventures into a post-war rat-universe to create his own government. FG called himself Aeneas, from the iconic Ancient World book about the heroic Trojan character who fled the Greeks and established Rome. As Amlan ('Racso') and FG ('Aeneas') used their Internet companies to help consumers purchase awesome Indian sarees online so they could sit at home and wear high-quality fashions for special ritualized weekly dinners to give thanks for surviving the Coronavirus and sharing the photos of their dinners on Facebook, their companies (CC and Destiny Saree) became so popular that customers started calling this capitalism rivalry during the global quarantine its own microcosmic version of Little India!



The incredible successes of Racso and Aeneas' online saree companies made Leo Ivory a modest celebrity too, since more and more customers wanted in on this cool custom of buying Indian sarees online and having wives and daughters dress up in sarees at home during the global quarantine for ritual dinners to give thanks for surviving the Coronavirus pandemic! This was terrific online capitalism in a time of otherwise terrible tribulation. More and more people were now surfing the Internet as enthusiastic consumers.



Sarees are fine textured Indian clothing that resemble the Greek toga in appearance and include a blouse and one large silk piece wrapped around the body like a winding bell. The saree had become popular around the world, and many American female actresses wore sarees to various movie events in Hollywood. While the saree was not as iconic as the Greek toga, it'd certainly become a modest but delicious fashion item.



As Racso and Aeneas became very popular online for their successful companies, CC and Destiny Saree, they caught the attention of an American actress named Amherst Green who liked wearing exotic clothing. Amherst told Racso and Aeneas that she'd choose just one of them to market as the ultimate saree company preferred by Hollywood actresses. Meanwhile, Racso and Aeneas had fallen in love equally with Amherst and were now competing for her darling affections!



Amherst ultimately chose Aeneas' company Destiny Saree for their more avant-garde and daring but neo-classical designs for saree fashions which reminded Hollywood actresses in America of the look and feel of Christian Dior fashions/clothing. Aeneas (Feroz Gavaskar --- FG) was overjoyed that Amherst Green had chosen his company over his rival and the two began dating! Amherst began advertising and promoting Aeneas' neo-classical sarees as terrific fashion items Hollywood actresses would wear and purchase online to dress up at home for their own home-life dinners to give thanks for enduring the Coronavirus tribulation. Aeneas' sarees became the official stamp of Hollywood drama!



However, this modest defeat did not stifle the ambitions of Racso (Amlan Bachan) who continued to market his own online Indian saree company Calcutta Circle (CC) on the Internet. In fact, Racso continued to design and advertise his unique and special saree designs and his customers continued to be loyal to his brand. Racso's sarees were much more diagonal and dioramic.



Racso purchased a children's Indian cooking toy set for his two young daughters, Alyssa and Jeannie. His two daughters were from a divorced marriage and he'd kept custody of his children. Racso was still devastated that Amherst had chosen Aeneas' company over his, but his time spent during the quarantine with his daughters playing with their cooking sets reminded Racso that there were many forms of modern daydreams during the worldwide tribulation!



As Racso and Aeneas continued to compete online with their own saree fashions, and more and more customers (laymen and celebrities) began purchasing sarees from their companies to dress up at home for fun private home-life spiritual ritualized weekly dinners to celebrate enduring the Coronavirus tribulation, the British airline pilot who'd helped the two designers make their stamp on the Internet with ingenious travel marketing, Leo Ivory, decided to described this phenomenon in TIME magazine as the ultimate 'quarantine' diary.



Of course, the real heroes were the delivery-men still working outdoors to deliver these fine Indian sarees to the homes of customers who purchased the fashion items online. These delivery-workers were some of the quiet unspoken heroes of the global quarantine working to make the world function through the experience of this modern plague!



Racso and Aeneas had become iconic online capitalists and managed to make their businesses signposts of quarantine spirituality.



Aeneas purchased a yellow Lamborghini and presented it to his now celebrity girlfriend Amherst Green!



Racso met a gorgeous young Lithuanian woman named Columbia and began dating. She got along great with his two daughters. Now, Racso was happy too.



Racso and Aeneas both loved the movie The Firm (Tom Cruise). It was a modernism symbolic film about new age socialization paranoia and networking intrigue and conspiracy imagination, so both Racso and Aeneas advertised Cruise's film on their company websites.



In one scene in this iconic Cruise film, Cruise's character meets a strange woman on a beach while on a law firm company outing with his boss and mentor and realizes there might be some deep conspiracy involving the subversion of academic customs in America!



An online Asian customer who purchased sarees from both Racso and Aeneas' online saree companies noticed the two businessmen profiting during the Coronavirus quarantine and opting to promote the modernism symbolic Tom Cruise film on their online business websites. This Asian customer posted reviews on Racso and Aeneas' online saree companies, suggesting that this kind of capitalism diarism would be worthy of great discussion at a democratic American school like Dartmouth or Duke. Was he right?



College students prior to the quarantine often celebrated the wearing of Indian sarees in various Asian-Indian cultural group events such as the Milan Indian fashion show at Dartmouth College. However, Racso and Aeneas' online saree companies during the Coronavirus quarantine gave the saree fashion world a certain dioramic feather!



Racso decided that once the Coronavirus tribulation was transcended, he'd encourage his daughters to study hard to one day be admitted into Dartmouth College where they could study fashion and business at the prestigious Tuck School of Business.



Even though Racso lost to Aeneas' saree company for the coveted celebrity contract, Racso continued to design his own sarees for his loyal online customer base during the Coronavirus quarantine. Racso decided to write a book about his whole capitalism experience and challenge during the Coronavirus quarantine and called his novel the Duke Dimension.



Racso won the Pulitzer Prize for his book and stated in an interview that he was more pleased with his writing success after losing to Aeneas' company for the coveted celebrity fashion contract! Racso decided to encourage his kids to play video-games at home during the Coronavirus quarantine so they'd feel more excited about the idea of going through indoor-life with a certain daydream flavor! Racso (Amlan Bachan) had become a special democratic witness to the quarantine darkness.



Meanwhile, Aeneas' celebrity saree customer base had led to his company Destiny Saree being called the cyber-rendition of Carnegie Mellon.



Racso decided he'd not lost, since he was equally happy with his more modest successes.



Aeneas and Amherst decided to promote Destiny Saree as an online capitalism totem of great quarantine-time diarism.



Racso purchased a gold wallet for his two daughters, so they could celebrate the successes that their dad enjoyed during his incredible quarantine-time online adventure.



RACSO: No human tribulation should stifle the basic social yearning for shared dreams!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on April 27, 2020
Last Updated on April 27, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable, Capitalism

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing