Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Coronavirus eco-terrorism crisis prompts the heroic 'Batman' to intercede and deliver messages of true divinity in a time of real dogma!

"
Here's a Coronavirus fan-fiction inspired by Batman (DC Comics) stories and the film Erin Brockovich. Cheers (signing off),
++++
====

During the second year of the Coronavirus pandemic, the St. Patrick's Day parade in America reminded people that humanity would not be stifled by the virus that mandated almost complete year-round quarantine!



However, an eco-terrorist named Pamela Isely sought to undermine this St. Patty's Day optimism with a special attack on Longwood Gardens in New Jersey. Pamela was a typical new age female radical but with a certain sense of dangerous flair!



Pamela had special figurine busts made in her image but portraying her as a lethal female eco-terrorist in America named Poison Ivy. As Poison Ivy, Pamela could plant smoke-bombs in Longwood Gardens and send the terrifying message during the global quarantine that normal thinking regarding organic life on Earth was no longer secure!



However, a valiant masked crusader named Batman, who was actually the socialite-businessman named Bruce Wayne, head of Wayne Industries, decided to intercept Poison Ivy and stop her from attacking Longwood Gardens after she sent a death-threat letter to the Post. Batman was determined to expose Poison Ivy as a symbolic new age siren.



However, Poison Ivy (Pamela) was attending a national indoor women's rights conference in D.C. to talk about the special role women could play during the global quarantine and how women should think about modern ecological and environmental issues. No one suspected Pamela was a menace as she became a great political diplomat ironically.



Batman posted flyer drawings of lovely greenhouses all over Longwood Gardens, Princeton University, and the White House prior to the months leading up to the promised attack on Longwood Gardens. These spiritual images and portraits of organized organic gardening served to remind people that the Coronavirus should not corrupt man's natural sense of praise towards organic life on Earth or inspire dangerous terrorism!



Nevertheless, Poison Ivy showed up at Longwood Gardens wielding water-guns fitted with plastic protective tubing and carrying corrosive acid. She intended to plant smoking bombs all over the gardens in New Jersey and spray flowers with her acid-guns.



Fortunately, Batman was there to shoot tranquilizer-darts right into her back, causing her to fall unconscious. Batman took Poison Ivy to the Center for the Treatment of the Criminally Insane (CTCI) in D.C. where she was treated for her anti-social behaviors and thinking! Batman was there every step of the way during Pamela's incarcerated treatment and went on a long walk with her to a special ecology conference hosted by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation as Bruce Wayne. Pamela felt sane for the first time in her otherwise very cynical life!



Bruce and Pamela did a joint media marketing campaign about the heroism of workers during the enduring Coronavirus global quarantine, citing waste-mangement laborers and servicemen who kept the planet running...and clean. Bruce mentioned in an interview that working with a woman who was receiving psychiatric treatment inspired him to think that the Coronavirus was ironically creating special forms of crisis-time diligence!



The Coronavirus was a terrible crisis that raised many questions and caused some to think that humanity was enduring some kind of Biblical 'End Times' experience. Fortunately, the heroism of people like Batman and servicemen in America reinforced the more positive and brilliant notion that creative-thinking would always counter the instinct to subvert the dominant values.



Batman visited a car graveyard and took photos for a Wayne Industries online blog about the way the Coronavirus reminded humanity of the importance of world health, eco-vitality, and lifestyle temperance and why we should carpool or save gas or waste less paper or recycle more. This was a time of Hell converted into a time of unusual divinity.



How would the flowery of new age consumerism be measured against the terrible backlash of life threats such as global warming, the Coronavirus quarantine, and terrorism? Would America continue to be the 'Big Brother' of civilization confidence?



BRUCE WAYNE: I'm actually confident that this pandemic will remind us in the future of the way we bonded together to make lemons out of ugly lemonade and turn disaster into diaries! God bless America.

====
++++

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on April 28, 2020
Last Updated on April 28, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing