Lax: A Quarantine Academic

Lax: A Quarantine Academic

A Story by Abishai100
"

An iconic sport, lacrosse ('lax'), is forwarded by an idealist and an executive during the Coronavirus quarantine to create quarantine-time diction!

"
I wanted to offer an indoor-life parable, to commemorate all the spiritual patience we've had to exhibit during the great Coronavirus quarantine, and this one references the cool video-game Casey Powell Lacrosse (Big Ant Studios) and the awesome field-sport of men's lacrosse , a game invented by Native-Americans...but delivered by everyday students. Stay safe,
++++
====

Lacrosse is a field net-stick and ball-catch-and-throw and goal-scoring team game invented by Native-Americans. It was enhanced and made sophisticated by Canadian man William George Beers in 1867. Today, lacrosse is enjoyed professionally and in colleges across the United States, despite the current temporary Coronavirus quarantine mandated universal sports freeze! Lacrosse is an elegant game requiring grace, wit, team-play, hand-eye-coordination, footwork, speed, passing skill, and scoring tenacity. It's the favorite game of our story's protagonist, Isaac Castle.



Isaac Castle studied at Dartmouth College after immigrating to the USA from Algeria. He studied Divinity and English while playing for the men's lacrosse team as a winger and striker. Isaac was a highly-skilled lacrosse player who helped his college team reach the national championship in his senior year. Isaac decided to travel to Europe after graduating from college and studied at a theological seminary and learned about the relationship between civilization, civilizing, and competitive games but especially sports. Isaac developed a special keen interest in the marketing of men's lacrosse in America as a special teamwork spiritual symbol of field dance. He returned from seminary a diligent priest of diarism in Western civilization.



Isaac began blogging on the Internet about the intrigue associated with the competitive play of highly-ranked college lacrosse teams in the USA such as Johns Hopkins and UNC. These two schools were considered the nation's best in lacrosse, men's lacrosse, year in and year out, and their games were often broadcast on ESPN-TV. Isaac decided he'd focus his Internet blogs about the spiritual education of men's collegiate lacrosse players and how their experience with competitive sports informed their overall democratic consciousness in modern civilization.



Isaac took up a position at Johns Hopkins University in Maryland during the great Coronavirus quarantine tribulation and began offering webinars about spirituality of competitive sports and the endurance of the global quarantine and online education, media, business, and entertainment during the quarantine itself. In his educational and theological webinar, Isaac talked about the value of sports in civilization and the replay of iconic college sports games and championships on YouTube and other video-upload modern media platforms. Isaac talked about the special role schools like Johns Hopkins played in advocating the training of young educating/educated men and their imaginative experience with sports.



Because Johns Hopkins had a long-standing rivalry in men's collegiate lacrosse with UNC, Isaac talked much about the games between these two iconic American universities on his webinar. He talked about how these games reflected a sociocultural investment in the thrill and magic of competitive sports and why student-athletes were considered real diplomats of modern-day human activity. Isaac talked about how men's college lacrosse helped us appreciate the important differences between teamwork...and terrorism!



Isaac made contact with the Johns Hopkins men's lacrosse operations executive, a businesswoman named Amherst Green, and asked her to help him market a series of Hopkins-UNC lacrosse video-games for the Xbox during the Coronavirus quarantine. Isaac told Amherst these lacrosse video-games would remind people staying and studying at home that appreciating the amenities of modern media and technology and how it informed the quality of indoor-life represented social investments in competition...and democracy. Amherst loved the idea!



Now, lacrosse is primarily an outdoor activity. Two teams of multiple players including defensemen, offense captains, and a goalie engage in competitive field play and try to pass a ball with net-sticks to advance down the opponent's side of the field and try to elude the defenders and launch the net-stick ball into the goal! Lacrosse can be high-paced but it must also be elegant in terms of passing, footwork, aiming, sportsmanship, and design.



The already-published men's college lacrosse video-games for the Xbox were considered fun among fans of lacrosse and amateur everyday fans of video-games in the USA. However, Isaac and Amherst sought to take this home-entertainment imagination and extrapolate it to the enjoyment of various multi-level online tournaments involving symbolic Hopkins-UNC matchups that would be enjoyed by countless Americans staying indoors during the great Coronavirus quarantine.



Isaac's plan worked. Suddenly, everyone was thinking about Hopkins-UNC lacrosse instead of the tribulations of the quarantine while staying and studying from home. The Internet and online-play had made college lacrosse a public activity during the quarantine! Now, the BLAST Lacrosse board-game saw a resurgence in popularity too, as countless players ordered versions of the board-game on Amazon and had it shipped to their homes so they could recreate key Hopkins-UNC lacrosse games to relive all the spiritual intrigue of competitive sports outdoors.



Isaac and Amherst decided to purchase a series of men's college lacrosse paintings for the Johns Hopkins athletics administration building during the great Coronavirus quarantine in 2020. These paintings represented their achievements in sports and socialization during the quarantine and how their endorsement of lacrosse video-games enhanced American students' interest in the iconic Hopkins-UNC rivalry. After all, lacrosse was a symbolic sport and game representing teamwork...and design!



How would America recover from this terrible quarantine tribulation? How would outdoor sports once again be measured as a totem or feather of coordinated collegiate diarism? Where would ESPN-TV once again take-off from this low-level depression-point of quarantined American activities? Would Hopkins-UNC games continue to stand out in collegiate lacrosse as symbols of great USA dance?



A men's college lacrosse playing-field is both basic and ordered. There are two sides and expectations for various defenseman and offense captains to make their footing to advance and square their positions and try to score goals for their teams. The field is therefore itself a symbol of lacrosse diorama!



The net-stick used by men's college lacrosse players is both cool and utilitarian. You can use it to launch or grab a passed ball out of the air and perhaps quickly relaunch it towards the goal to score against your mighty opponent. Isaac and Amherst managed to use the intricate but exciting fineries of this unusual men's college sport to design a Coronavirus quarantine-time indoor-life media-entertainment experience that drew out even more fans for the iconic Hopkins-UNC rivalry. This was great American dialogue.



ISAAC: Native-Americans invented this great sport!
AMHERST: Americans have forwarded it in the college arena!
ISAAC: We did a terrific job making this sport iconic during quarantine.
AMHERST: It was truly a direct achievement in American society, my friend.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on May 2, 2020
Last Updated on May 2, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable, Sports

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles-Rook Arles-Rook

A Story by Abishai100