Duke/Stanford: Minotaur DeLovely

Duke/Stanford: Minotaur DeLovely

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two very different individuals explore how the modern computing resources at Duke and Stanford represent Coronavirus quarantine-time diligence.

"
One last quarantine vignette about the providence of modernism in times of great human crisis, and this one was inspired by the film Hackers. Thanks so much for reading (signing off),
++++

====

Two computing revolutions were taking place on the campuses of Stanford and Duke during the Coronavirus quarantine. These two schools were investing in the developments of educational platforms that made studying from home possible and feasible, since outdoor campus buildings were officially sealed to contain the global pandemic.



A handsome Arabian sheik named Fahd wanted to invest in the computing networks at Stanford, since he was a fan of the pioneering spirit of the West Coast of the USA.



Fahd avidly followed Stanford Cardinal games on TV from his home in the Middle East and became fond of the school's culture of plebian and pluralism friendly American couture. He was therefore personally invested in Stanford's commitment to computing and networking during the Coronavirus tribulation.



An American computer nerd named Brian was meanwhile interested in the computing networks at Duke University. Brian had been a fan of Duke Blue Devils men's college basketball since he was a young boy and now enjoyed watching replays of iconic Blue Devils championship games on YouTube during the Coronavirus quarantine.



Duke was a darling young basketball team in the late 1980s when the legendary Coach K took over the helm and then exploded by the new millennium as a timeless powerhouse in American collegiate athletics and became as iconic to men's college basketball (NCAAB) as John Wooden's UCLA Bruins.



While fundamentalist terrorists sought to subvert and undermine the Internet resources that made study and work from home during the global Coronavirus quarantine feasible and functional, key Western media faces and figures promoted America's investments in computing networks and the advocacy of Internet-virus awareness and debugging funding.



Human civilization was under the gun during the 21st Century Coronavirus pandemic. Everyone was required to deal with the complications of strained resource delivery and quarantined lifestyle. Everything was indoors so social security became something of an 'aesthetic' discussion!



Suddenly, more and more people under quarantine were downloading awesome college fencing swordplay matches and basketball championships on YouTube and surfing Facebook more liberally. The Internet made the quarantine mandate seem and feel more practical. This was a surprising rose for the modern advent of computers.



While Fahd the Arabian sheik was investing in Stanford's media technologies and California lifestyle philosophy and the beach couture, American college students were learning how to embrace all the flowery of real life while living indoors!



Meanwhile, Brian the nerd continued to investigate the computing resources and flowery at Duke University and how such media developments contributed to a more modern and worldly view on pluralism in education and society. Duke was now admitting more Asian-American students, men and women alike, than ever, and computing resources were quite divine!



Was this the time of the proverbial 'Maze of the Minotaur' when people had to navigate their way through the hairy 'labyrinth' of the Internet to find the life and commercial amenities that made quarantine feasible and functional? Who would monitor terrorist hackers besides the NSA's cyber-division? Who would administer the right educational policies to make online learning more practical and vital? How would television be coordinated with providence at Duke/Stanford?



Perhaps the Coronavirus quarantine was an opportunity to think about the ways money could be thought of as ribbons. Was this a time for students to think about why American colleges and universities such as Harvard and Yale represented real reform? Where was the rice? What would future anthropologists say?



FAHD: Stanford will be toasted for its American merits.
BRIAN: Duke will be canonized for its investments in Oberlin.

====

++++
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on May 2, 2020
Last Updated on May 2, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing