Fairies in Washington

Fairies in Washington

A Story by Abishai100
"

A man thinks he sighted a mystical purple fairy creature in D.C. and wonders if he should make some apocalyptic statement about the reality of modern daylight.

"
One more Coronavirus quarantine parable, and this dystopia themed story was inspired by the film Toys. Thanks so much for reading,
++++
====

A man spotted multiple fairies, winged mythical humanoid figurines of immortal power, in the otherwise boring metropolis of Washington (D.C.) in the summer of 2020, during the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation. Americans were busy making necessary technological and Internet preparations to keep the quarantined world running through modern media and computers. This was the time of great machinery.



D.C., a city of great political symbolism and modern intelligence, was not the place one might expect sighting of mystical fairy creatures. Fairies are not considered tangibly real or a scientific species categorized by scientists. However, their winged magic captures the very essence of human fantasy. The man who sighted these special fairies in D.C. during the Coronavirus quarantine wondered why it was the U.S. capital where these crazy creatures were found in the summer of 2020.



Were fairies an evolutionary relic of something that had developed in the consciousness of existence itself? Were cavemen and cavewomen in early times on Earth also guilty of indulging in fairy-sighting daydreams and crazy fantasies? Were fairies around on Earth during the extinction event of the dinosaurs or the development of the Ice Age or the rise of human empires? Were human cavewomen knowledgeable about fairy life in early Earth?



Maybe great Roman Empire centurions spotted fairies or claimed to during their travels for empire expansion for Caesar. Maybe these centurions reported these fairy sightings to their prefects but were summarily dismissed as entertaining childish daydreams. Maybe these centurions simply forgot what they saw.



Now, a fairy might be either scary of sexy or haunting or halting. They might be hypnotizing or spooky. They're certainly magical winged creatures that remind us of the perception of the mystical netherworld. They remind us of our curiosity about immortality and the unknown face of existence. Why then would a man in 2020 America spot or claim to spot a fairy creature in a metropolis such as D.C.?



Maybe the Coronavirus quarantine created such an indoor claustrophobia that this D.C. man felt the overwhelming urge to report something truly other-worldly and manifested this urge in the sighting of an incredible fairy creature. The man suggested that the fairy he saw in D.C., while walking down a regular street under moonlight, was purple in color and quite small but reminded him of the magical spirituality of immortality and perhaps enduring this terrible Coronavirus tribulation. The man decided to go home and blog about this fairy sighting on the Internet on his handy-dandy Apple laptop.



This man then drew a fantastic drawing of an iconic folkloric fictional A.I. robot-warrior named Astrotrain for another Internet blog about how robots might remind modern man of the practicality of civilization and the need to forget or transcend child-like fantasies about fairy creatures. The man's blog about the functional robot Astrotrain reminded the D.C. residents enduring the Coronavirus quarantine that normal daydreams in modern civilization should be about intelligence and not about art.



The man decided to open a new bank account in D.C. the following week, but he chose a special worldly and very secure bank that would not be randomly and liberally robbed by some rogue bandit who sought to exploit modern loopholes created in policing caused by the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation. The man opened his bank account and then thought about why banks represented real world securities that reminded people of the sanity of finance and the insanity of fairies.



This same man then rented a B-rated horror-film about an American vigilante named Satan who was trying to track an American sociopath named Leatherface. As the man saw this crazy but thrilling horror-adventure film on his laptop, he wondered if the purple fairy he saw in D.C. under moonlight should remind him of the basic reality of modern crime.



The man then went on an online library website and read an online text about a real-life fairy sighting folk-tale in England, about the Cottingley Fairies. The man realized that the apparent sightings of these incredible fairies in England should move him to make parallels in intuition of why he might've seen a purple fairy in D.C. during the Coronavirus tribulation.



This man then went online and purchased a Max Sterling Robotech space-pilot mechanics action-figure and replica set. He constructed and painted his miniature set and placed it on his desktop and stared at it and tried to forget the fact that he sighted a purple fairy in D.C.



The man was invited to the White House where he was interviewed by President Trump and First Lady Melania who wanted to really know why he believed he saw a purple fairy during the Coronavirus tribulation. The man told these diplomats that he was merely a witness to some kind of modern urban miracle, but the D.C. ambassadors insisted he was simply very romantic about transcending the Coronavirus disaster.



Of course, D.C. is not just a place for fairies and rainbows. There are real crimes and criminal gangs and a composite underworld that adds to the modern American fear of Coronavirus-time terrorism and mayhem that might make the government's job of creating sanity in a time of desensitization quite difficult. Maybe the man spotted the purple fairy because he was simply curious about why peace was necessary in a time of great urban danger.



The man saw another Hollywood movie on Netflix featuring a very luminous actress in a story about modern urban conspiracy and wondered if the purple fairy he sighted in D.C. was some kind of messenger of the Apocalypse. Was this the End of Days and reminding us that the Coronavirus was some signpost of Earth drama?



The man decided to then purchase a miniature A.I. espionage robot named Frenzy (Transformers) who transformed mechanically into a tiny audio cassette. Frenzy symbolized our modern fascination with information and technology and espionage, and the man began daydreaming that his new robot-toy purchase should remind him of the purple fairy he sighted in the moonlight in D.C. The man wondered if the espionage symbolism of his robot-toy Frenzy should make him somehow paranoid about American democracy during the quarantine.



FRENZY: "Man, I'm visiting you in your dream-sleep since you purchased me on eBay. I know you're concerned about why you think you sighted a purple fairy in Washington while walking in the moonlight. Perhaps you're worried you have to present yourself as some kind of apocalyptic witness to this great Coronavirus quarantine tribulation! I'm here to tell you, man, that all you need do is contact Johns Hopkins and tell the administration you'd like to give a free webinar on the psychiatry of metropolis. Good luck, man."

====

++++
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on May 4, 2020
Last Updated on May 4, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing