American Baseball: Quarantine-DJ

American Baseball: Quarantine-DJ

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two alien robots land on Earth and begin spying on human civilization during the great Coronavirus quarantine tribulation and make notes on American baseball diction!

"
Here's a quarantine parable inspired by the film Any Given Sunday, which I wanted to write to reflect on how sports informs our human appreciaiton of Dianetics, especially during times of tribulation. Thanks so much for reading (finally signing off),
++++

====

Two robots from Planet Cybertron landed on Earth and began observing human activity during the great Coronavirus quarantine tribulation. These two robots, Cyclonus and Agus, wanted to see how Americans were coordinating sports activity and sports marketing during the quarantine experience. Cyclonus/Agus noted that Americans liked sports-themed films such as Jerry Maguire and The Program. They noted that Americans liked to create sports endurance ideas and considered what programs to replay during the quarantine and how to hopefully reopen sports stadiums and venues soon once the virus vaccine and proper containment sanity was discovered. Cyclonus/Agus wondered if Americans thought of sports the same way as they, as robots, thought of design.



Cyclonus/Agus started looking at replay videos of Little League World Series baseball in America and how kids really seemed to enjoy the outdoor bat-and-ball teamwork field sport. Baseball was the signature sport of American identity, and even though soccer was considered a more dominant sport in the entire world, baseball was the canon of America, and America was the world's official 'Big Brother' in politics, fashion, and commerce.




Cyclonus/Agus noted that the fancy and valuable 1990 Upper Deck rookie-card of pitching-batting dual sensation Canadian baseball prodigy John Olerud, of the World Series winning Toronto Blue Jays, was considered a rather symbolic sports-collectible in American society and favored among baseball and baseball-card fans to be a great cultural trophy. The John Olerud Upper Deck rookie-card was considered great, because the player Olerud was considered a very intriguing prodigy in his rookie-year, exhibiting superhuman abilities as not only a pitcher but also a batsman. Cyclonus/Agus decided to record this Upper Deck Olerud rookie-card as a signpost of human civilization sports consciousness and outdoor imagination.



Cyclonus/Agus then noted the popularity of the American baseball youth baseball film franchise The Bad News Bears, which presents the colored story of an ambitious coach who tries to yank up a rustling youth baseball team and turn into into something worth talking about to others! Cyclonus/Agus noted that the art and imagination behind this youth baseball film franchise represented Americans' fascination with casting baseball as a special activity symbolizing democratic intelligence.



The movie poster and art for the original film starring Walter Matthau was iconic and quite entertaining and fun. Cyclonus/Agus realized that replays of this iconic American film on television during the Coronavirus quarantine experience reminded audiences of the fun of the sport and the memorable quality of sports storytelling and how it might inspire sports managers to think ahead about how to reorganize and reopen sports arenas after the virus vaccine and containment sanity was discovered. The Bad News Bears was therefore terrific quarantine-time propaganda and dioramic rhetoric!



Cyclonus/Agus realized that American society was much about the aesthetics and couture of marketing and ideology. The Coronavirus quarantine created new market interests for focused media and entertainment while indoor life facilitated all kinds of work, play, and study. Cyclonus/Agus noted how American baseball 'trophies' such as the Olerud rookie-card and The Bad News Bears reflected Americans' view of design as democratic salesmanship. Cyclonus/Agus wondered if baseball itself should be wed to a dollar-aesthetic folk-story in American mosaics such as Death of a Salesman.



CYCLONUS: Americans value Christian values and democratic ideals.
AGUS: They appreciate the symbolic appeal of Christian archangels like Michael.
CYCLONUS: They've even made a movie about Michael!
AGUS: America is the Big Brother of human rhetoric and fashion quite arguably.
CYCLONUS: The Coronavirus quarantine is a test of social patience.
AGUS: It's an examination of civilization functionality!
CYCLONUS: Are human beings more prone to study because of the quarantine?
AGUS: Perhaps they're more prone to origami or mechanical engineering!
CYCLONUS: The Olerud rookie-card represents Americanized intellect.
AGUS: The Bad News Bears represents American dance.
CYCLONUS: We might consider how sports symbolizes socialized intuition!
AGUS: Isn't that why sports media during quarantine inspires Americans to think about reopening?
CYCLONUS: The end of the Coronavirus tribulation would feel like a great worldly discovery.
AGUS: That's the hope and the promise, my friend!
CYCLONUS: Good research.

====

++++

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on May 8, 2020
Last Updated on May 8, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing