Student Model UN: Northern Ireland

Student Model UN: Northern Ireland

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Havard student organizes an ambitious online student Model UN conference in the summer of 2020 about Irish politics and lifestyle Dianetics!

"
Before I finally sign off, here's a stirring Model UN vignette about new age Northern Ireland thinking during the media-promoting Coronavirus global quarantine, and this one was inspired by the film Listen to Me. Thanks so much for reading,
++++
====
Isaac Castle was a Harvard student organizing the new Student Model UN conference in the summer of 2020 during the global Coronavirus quarantine tribulation. Isaac knew all students now were gaining academic lessons online and through indoor media and therefore began organizing an elaborate Harvard Model UN conference that would be completely online! Harvard otherwise annually hosted its rich and storied Model UN conferences, inviting high-school students (from both public and private schools) from around the world to gather together at conference halls to create simulated UN symposia and debates and discussions about modern political dilemmas that real-life UN diplomats were debating about at the UN headquarters (General Assembly) in NYC. Isaac Castle wanted to create an online Harvard Model UN conference in the summer of 2020 (during the Coronavirus quarantine) to present a discussion topic about Northern Ireland energy policy and employment impact and its relation to Protestant-Catholic troubles in Belfast dating back to the days of the anti-Parliament Easter Rising! Isaac Castle wanted this online Harvard Model UN conference to offer students a forum to discuss energy, employment, and terrorism in Northern Ireland and its relation to modern pro-globalization politics relevant to 21st Century capitalism. Isaac Castle was an ambitious and suited modern Harvard knight indeed.

Isaac was born in Algeria and moved to America with his mother. He was admitted into the Ivy League and began studying globalization politics. After the Coronavirus quarantine began in 2020, the world was forced indoors for study and work and even play, so Isaac wanted to transcribe his student interests in the rich and storied Harvard Model UN conference(s) into an online ambitious 'study' of the Northern Ireland energy policy and employment issue and its links to Protestant-Catholic troubles (and terrorism!) in Belfast. Isaac Castle was motivated and inspired somewhat (and secretly!) by the James Bond film You Only Live Twice.

The UN (United Nations) headquarters in NYC was a proud institution and building and hosted various symbolic world politics events and symposia and conferences about anti-terrorism and capitalism globalization matters after WWII. The UN was created for various reasons and various branches or committees of the UN such as the Security Council and ECOFIN were invested in various world matters such as global peace and capitalism resource distribution. Diplomats from around the world gathered every year at the UN headquarters in NYC to talk about important matters. This sort of adult-world political intrigue is what inspired Harvard University to create its Student Model UN conferences that invited students from around the globe to gather to recreate or simulate symbolic modern world politics matters!

Isaac Castle wanted to organize his online Harvard Model UN conference in the summer of 2020, during the global Coronavirus quarantine tribulation, to present the modern relevant issue of energy policy and employment in Northern Ireland and the impact on Protestant-Catholic relations in Belfast. Northern Ireland was partitioned from Ireland after Irish independence in the early 20th Century, since Protestant colonialists had settled in that part of the land for generations and needed to keep enduring despite living alongside a small Irish Catholic minority. After this arguably disappointing partition, the radical pro-Irish IRA (Irish Republican Army) divided and formed more radical factions such as PIRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army) that would be solely devoted to the ousting of British influence in Northern Ireland. Since the 1970s, there have been many social issues in Belfast (Northern Ireland) regarding the demands for the Irish Catholic minority to obtain more employment opportunities in the British Protestant dominated region. Northern Ireland was, after all, still, 'technically' a part of the entire of Ireland and many radical IRA members and executives didn't want continued links to the British empire.

While Belfast had tried to live peacefully more or less, with British Protestants and Irish Catholics living and working side-by-side for many years since the symbolic anti-Empire Easter Rising of 1916, many Irish Catholics in Belfast felt that they were sidelined by the British Protestant majority in Northern Ireland. Isaac Castle wanted to organize a symbolic Harvard Model UN conference about modern energy policy and employment in Belfast (Northern Ireland) and its impact on Protestant-Catholic relations in Belfast. After all, employment was a thing of daily life and such an issue would surely impact humanity's views on globalization capitalism, politics, and of course, terrorism avoidance. Belfast wanted to create a region of habitability, and this Harvard Model UN conference would focus on this territorial priority.

Since the Coronavirus quarantine necessitated everyone work and study indoors, Isaac Castle organized this Harvard Model UN conference about Northern Ireland energy policy, employment, and Protestant-Catholic relations entirely online! He wanted the invited students from around the world to focus on why the Irish Catholic minority insisted that they were not being offered enough employment opportunities and rights in Northern Ireland. He wanted the invited students to think about how modern energy policy (and its eco-efficiency matters!) and employment topics would affect Protestant-Catholic relations in Belfast and how such relations would affect the world's view on inter-religious cooperation in the modern world, especially in times of great global calamity (such as the Coronavirus quarantine!).

Since Northern Ireland was a troubled area with lots of otherwise commercial potential, Isaac Castle, a shrewd Harvard student, chose a symbolic issue indeed for his online Model UN conference in the summer of 2020. The conference invited students from just about every nation in the world to gather on the Internet to work in committee chat-rooms to talk about the need for more energy policy, employment, and terrorism discussions in Northern Ireland and how such discussions would shape modern globalization rhetoric. Such rhetoric was being crystallized of course during the Coronavirus global quarantine, when the entire world was ironically 'united' online for work and study.

Hollywood had in the past explored various stories and made numerous films about globalization subjects and UN intrigue, and multiple films such as The International were made in the new millennium. This was, after all, the age of media and Internet and globalized communications, so network-oriented thinking would shape how world leaders would address issues such as anti-globalization terrorism and 9/11.

The past years of the Harvard Model UN conferences saw many exciting conferences and discussions about very serious globalization matters such as OPEC and the Gulf War and Wall Street and WikiLeaks. This was a time when Isaac Castle wanted to take advantage of this pro-unionization 'student energy' to create this entirely online student UN conference. Harvard University gave Isaac its resources to make this 2020 summer online event work perfectly.

However, because of all the interest and media attention Isaac Castle gained with his online Harvard Model UN conference about Northern Ireland politics, a professional representative from the NSA's special cyber-division named Linda Ash was assigned to coordinate some important security and anti-hacking and computer-virus matters so the online conference would not be exploited by calculating terrorists from around the world. This NSA agent was assigned to work closely with Isaac Castle to ensure that the online Model UN conference would present its designed subjects in time!

Well, Isaac's online Harvard Model UN conference in the summer of 2020 during the Coronavirus quarantine was a big success. Students from around the world logged onto the Internet to work in special student committee chat-rooms to engage in important discussions and debates about Northern Ireland energy, employment, and terrorism. The students came from schools from just about every nation on Earth --- South Korea, New Zealand, China, America, Canada, France, India, Argentina, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, and Russia.


Isaac's online Harvard Model UN conference gained so much respect, that it was being referenced now in progressive talks about Irish politics in Belfast by leaders of Sinn Fein and members of the British Parliament, and this drew the attention of the commerce-minded U.S. President who wanted to create a capitalism-centric 'diorama' about modern globalization design!

In fact, Isaac's online student UN conference inspired political leaders from Northern Ireland to refurbish its proud national soccer team so when the Coronavirus quarantine ended, they'd march onto the international playing-field and continue to tout its role in new age social activity. The online student conference generated some positive talk about anti-terrorism life in Belfast and soccer!

Since Northern Ireland was no stranger to anti-globalization terrorism, Harvard's Isaac Castle was truly grateful to the NSA for its organization of cyber-security matters during the summer 2020 Model UN conference about Belfast energy and employment matters relevant to Protestant-Catholic relations.

Isaac was mailed a special IRA membership history button by a Sinn Fein representative who was excited to learn that modern Internet had created special opportunities for students to arrange activities relevant to modern pro-globalization rights...and dreams! This button represented the daydream that someday there would be no need for any kind of turbulence talk generated by the IRA.

The UN headquarters in NYC meanwhile planned a concordant summer event in which a key female member of British Parliament would be invited to speak about modern Internet free-speech matters relevant to Belfast politics and social networking in the age of media. This was good intrigue during the Coronavirus quarantine.

Would the Irish Catholic minority achieve the employment rights it sought in Belfast (Northern Ireland)? How would modern media and creative thinking affect modern political talks regarding anti-terrorism rhetoric? Would Harvard Model UN continue to offer more student talks about Northern Ireland troubles?

Since Harvard Model UN was considered the finest student activity in the history of modern civilization(!), Isaac Castle was confident that future Model UN conferences would see bright high-school students engaged in symbolic chats about new age globalization IQ.

Isaac's online conference generated interest in energy policy matters in Northern Ireland, and the eco-activism group the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation was now invested in some new clean-coal energy factory ideas and employment branching in Belfast!

Eco-innovation would be a hallmark of modern thinking, so this kind of creative political talk would shape the way tomorrow's leaders would address the problem of socialization paranoia and resource mismanagement and perhaps even eco-terrorism!

Fortunately, Isaac's entire online Model UN conference was really about a human issue, and it generated interest in basic social ideas such as the peaceful cultural and religious coexistence of Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland. In the age of media and globalization, Isaac Castle's online conference generated great imaginations about unified human expression!

ISAAC: We as a species don't want to be remembered for plague, terrorism, and pollution! We want to be remembered for Internet, the United Nations, Harvard, and political mediation.

Maybe Isaac's sincere work would inspire more online activities geared towards raising awareness about sociopolitical matters that impacted cultural and even religious life even in the modern world.

Isaac decided to purchase a special Easter Rising (1916) stained-glass artwork and presented it to the Harvard museum after the successful conduction of his NSA-secured online global student Model UN conference in the summer of 2020!

ISAAC: I feel like a real-life James Bond! I hope this student event will create optimism among Protestant and Catholic citizens working together and enduring the Coronavirus quarantine together.

Isaac was therefore an accomplished 'Harvard knight' and Model UN activist online. He helped coordinate a symbolic student Model UN conference online which led to new kinds of social talk and even artwork that captured a very modern interest...in dioramic dilemmas!
====
++++
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on May 23, 2020
Last Updated on May 23, 2020
Tags: Model UN, Terrorism, Globalization, Coronavirus

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Sorsha Sorsha

A Story by Abishai100