The Wooden Chess Board

The Wooden Chess Board

A Story by Abishai100
"

An intelligence and guerrilla agent in the UK considers his wooden chess set to be a symbol of intuitive thinking regarding modern geopolitical and inter-religious diarism.

"
Here's a democratic parable to really sign off with about the glories of discovering the natural aesthetics of tempered political passions in the modern troubles of inter-religious warfare...and darkness.
====

Isaac Satan was an Algerian-American operative for the CIA who became a secret consultant for P-IRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army), making organized initiatives designed to destabilize British military and police controls in Northern Ireland and therefore bring more Irish Catholic media voice for the minority group neglected by Parliament and enduring various uncomfortable socioeconomic disparities in Belfast. Isaac (code-name: Green Shadow) loved his work and liked playing chess with his IRA friends and Sinn Fein (the nonviolent political/legal 'arm' of the IRA) associates.



Isaac studied at the prestigious Ivy League school Brown University (Providence, Rhode Island) where he studied international customs and literature before doing a sabbatical on interdisciplinary medical missionary work in Third World countries before finally being recruited by the CIA for his extraordinary acumen with political intelligence as well as reputed shooting skills and munitions research in the underground. You see, Isaac was a student activist in a student group at Brown investigating underground munitions traffic in the Third World. Isaac used his education at Brown to embrace his new life as a United Kingdom (UK) 'agent' seeking more Protestant-Catholic inter-religious dialogue. Brown trained Isaac perfectly.



Isaac was an extraordinary chess player and always carried in his home a handcrafted wooden chess board. Sometimes, his opponents so marveled at his ability to make offensive chess seem so exciting and fluid that they sometimes joked with him recommending he should purchase a symbolic 'glass chess set' to reflect his style of swift and shiny play. However, Isaac Satan had a peculiar fondness and preference for wooden chess sets only, and he insisted that his handcrafted wooden chess board/set best captured his intelligent view that chess was a re-presentation of political and warfare dance.



Isaac's wife, a stunning Irish-American professor of English and Irish folklore at Brown, Shelbye Collins, never knew of Isaac's underground activities or work with CIA in Northern Ireland. She simply admired Isaac's almost gentlemanly praise of his handcrafted wooden chess board/set. Shelbye was his angel and muse, and Isaac always secretly hoped she'd never turn to the proverbial 'dark side' and insist like many of his peers that he get a glass chess set instead of daydreaming about his handcrafted wooden set.



Isaac adopted a young Irish girl in Northern Ireland with bright green eyes named Theresa Clark. She was a gorgeous little angel, and Isaac liked teaching her how to play chess on his wooden chess board/set. In fact, he even purchased the young Theresa a miniature wooden handcrafted chess board/set so she'd learn to love the imagination and sharpness behind the elegant play and dance of the celebrated game of chess.



Isaac Satan (Green Shadow) met a rogue IRA operative in Belfast named Ali Clark who was half-Iranian and half-Irish. This gypsy radical always promoted the targeting of civilian targets by the IRA and its radical factions, designed to force Parliament to tend to the undesirable Protestant-Catholic schisms in Northern Ireland. Isaac found Ali Clark quite dangerous and tried to encourage his P-IRA peers and Sinn Fein associates not to get tangled in Ali's sense of revolutionary fanaticism. However, Ali had a beautiful class chess set and insisted he and Isaac play sometime, since they both loved the dastardly game of chess.



Ali's stunning Irish girlfriend Kate O'Hara was a young siren and model in Northern Ireland who posed for photos in designed dresses made by Irish fashion-designers. These fashions reflected an avant-garde approach to Irish fashions and clothing and presented sleek silk fashions and sweaters designed to highlight the irresistible features of the feminine form. Isaac realized that Alia and Kate were like Irish harlequins in the modern troubles.



When Isaac learned Ali and Kate were linked to a terrible bomb threat on London Bridge, he insisted the two radical Irish individuals be censored by P-IRA and Sinn Fein as outside the bounds of standard guerrilla warfare. Isaac (Green Shadow) knew if London Bridge was attacked during pedestrian/civilian traffic, there would be nothing to stop a retaliatory wave of anti-Irish violence directed and creating natural cynicism and disfavor with modern Irish commercial trophies such as Aer Lingus, Ireland's national airline company. This was a war of boundaries.



Isaac (Green Shadow) decided to recruit stunning Asian-Indian and Algerian women to pose in fashion photos featuring Indian saree clothing of vintage Irish colors and designs. These Irish-Indian fashion-shoots and photos of saree clothing were used by Green Shadow to highlight the intelligent notion that advanced political consciousness designed to promote more intercultural respect in the United Kingdom did not necessarily create a dark desire for radical violence or retaliatory police brutality. Green Shadow's saree-media campaign was considered quite revolutionary while being deliciously modest.



GREEN SHADOW: Perhaps the petroleum-politics of Israel-Palestine leads to neglect by social leaders and the United Nations who see too many news-stories about fanatical violence and disgusted police brutality emanating from Northern Ireland. This sort of human deformity caters to a natural displeasure leading to a lack of interest in serious resarch about what has driven the two dominant denominations of the modern global Christian community apart in Belfast because of socioeconomic disparities. We must fight this fire with the real water of destiny!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on June 21, 2020
Last Updated on June 21, 2020
Tags: Fable, Aesthetics, Chess, Democracy, UK

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Arles-Rook Arles-Rook

A Story by Abishai100